Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
If only we could clone you and have Patch clones all over the country
As people can now pay for clones of pets, no doubt it will happen with humans one day too - be careful what you wish for :smt043
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Hi Hali . Sorry I've just caught up with your post. My back is still bothering me a lot so I don't get on the computer as much as I would like to. I can seriously reccommend Darcregan Dog Training Club . That's where I first took Missy and found out how much she loves agility. They do an 8 week beginners , introductory course in agility. The classes are held just outside Gorebridge on a Sunday morning at 10am. Everyone is very friendly , and you are taught the very basics about introducing your dog to agility equipment. They do not allow harsh handling and encourage the use of food and/or toys as reward. I'm sure I payed £65 for this course and it was worth every penny. The other club I went to was Broxburn Dog Training Club. Again , very friendly , reward based training and no harsh treatment. That's a bit further away at Oatridge College , in the Scottish Equestrian Centre. A 10 week course with them costs £44.Their classes are held on a Tuesday evening at 6pm . PM me for more details if you like. At home , I have plastic posts , the type used for horses electric fencing , which I can use to train weaves or fit an adapted cup to use as jumps. It was the trainer at Darcregan that told me about those . It helped Missy to learn the weaves a step at a time , starting with 2 posts to teach the entry , then adding a post at a time as she got more confident. By the time we got to Broxburn DTC , they were impressed at how good she was at the weaves , and They all compete with their dogs ! I don't have a tunnel though but I managed to aquire ( ) two lengths of thick plywood when the council fitted our new kitchen. I plan to make those into mini versions of a see saw and a dog walk. I only have a tiny garden so can't really set up much in the way of equipment. If I could find a bit of ground somewhere , I would buy my own agility equipment. ( Which anyone on Dogsey who lives near enough would be welcome to use).
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
Hi Hali . Sorry I've just caught up with your post. My back is still bothering me a lot so I don't get on the computer as much as I would like to. I can seriously reccommend Darcregan Dog Training Club . That's where I first took Missy and found out how much she loves agility. They do an 8 week beginners , introductory course in agility. The classes are held just outside Gorebridge on a Sunday morning at 10am. Everyone is very friendly , and you are taught the very basics about introducing your dog to agility equipment. They do not allow harsh handling and encourage the use of food and/or toys as reward. I'm sure I payed £65 for this course and it was worth every penny. The other club I went to was Broxburn Dog Training Club. Again , very friendly , reward based training and no harsh treatment. That's a bit further away at Oatridge College , in the Scottish Equestrian Centre. A 10 week course with them costs £44.Their classes are held on a Tuesday evening at 6pm . PM me for more details if you like. At home , I have plastic posts , the type used for horses electric fencing , which I can use to train weaves or fit an adapted cup to use as jumps. It was the trainer at Darcregan that told me about those . It helped Missy to learn the weaves a step at a time , starting with 2 posts to teach the entry , then adding a post at a time as she got more confident. By the time we got to Broxburn DTC , they were impressed at how good she was at the weaves , and They all compete with their dogs ! I don't have a tunnel though but I managed to aquire ( ) two lengths of thick plywood when the council fitted our new kitchen. I plan to make those into mini versions of a see saw and a dog walk. I only have a tiny garden so can't really set up much in the way of equipment. If I could find a bit of ground somewhere , I would buy my own agility equipment. ( Which anyone on Dogsey who lives near enough would be welcome to use).
Missymum you're a star - Gorebridge sounds really good - much nearer than I thought & Sunday mornings would be perfect. I found their website and have emailed to find out whether they have available spaces.

thanks again
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2008, 06:25 PM
i want first oppstion a clone patch down here please need her so much to help.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2