Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I have to say I now consider Spot a friend on here and agree with most of what she has said above.We have had our differences, but were indeed coming at something from a different angle and ended up having more in common than to debate about.

The vast majority of people on this site are able to 'discuss' not resort to petty arguments that turn both nasty and personal. There are some that do allow things to become personal, I can't stand that. Discussions and debates are great things for making you think...I have changed my opinion about and learnt a lot on here.As I have already mentioned, a lot of people on this forum are now friends...after having huge debates with them. I love the fact that we can all discuss things on one thread in quite a heated manner...yet be on another thread having a laugh or PMing each other about something.

I disagree with that. I think there are members with the same opinions on here about things that will post on the same threads. Remember some members have been posting on here for years and so know each other well. It isn't ganging up, it's just that they agree. In all honesty I have found some of the newer members much more likely to 'gang up' and be personal than the older ones (in all honesty CC yourself included in that at points).

I like Dogsey because there are people on here who are friends and great debaters. It makes me think.
Another good post

I am glad I am not the only one to notice the 'cliques' that are forming, there seems to be a lot of virtual pats on the back going on and it does feel a bit un-Dogsey to me IMHO
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Maybe people wouldn't take things as a "personal insult" if they weren't put over in that way in the first place! and i'm sorry but some people are not civil at all and some are fanatical !

Some post very insulting and offensive comments and then expect no come backs
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Maybe people wouldn't take things as a "personal insult" if they weren't put over in that way in the first place! and i'm sorry but some people are not civil at all

You mean like CC's one?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I have skimmed through the last couple of pages so sorry if i repeat anyone.

For me personally, i tend to just avoid most of the contraversial topics these days. Maybe a couple of years ago if someone started attacking me i would retaliate, but on here, as in real life, i am terrible in argument! In real life i will avoid arguing as much as possible and will walk away from someone trying to start one with me, i find them pointless. But if i DO get dragged into it i tend to just lash out without thinking through what im really saying. Im just not good at arguing lol

Nowadays i will read through the argumentative threads and if i see someone being ripped apart for no reason other than the "bullies" enjoyment i may get involved and back them up but usually it just results in a slanging match and as many of us will not stoop to personal insults we'll never beat the bullies

If i see a thread where i think the welfare of the dog is at risk i will say something. I always try to say it tactfully and politely as you are more likely to get the person to listen if you are being helpful rather than insulting and abusing them (thats one thing my psychology degree and subsequent placements taught me!!) but i wont stand back and be all nicey nice if there is genuine risk to the animal - blunt but polite is the way to be

As for the childish name calling and arguments that go on over this forum (and others i use, its not just dogsey), i tend to stay out of it now. Thankfully i have more in my life to worry about (or maybe thats not so good, life might be easier if the most stress i had was arguments on a forum!lol) so i dont feel the need to get dragged into it.

I try to give my opinion if i have experience/knowledge on it but not just for the sake of it as some do. I do find it particularly amusing when certain people have to post in EVERY thread giving their opinion, even if they have no clue about what they are talking about and what they are saying is nonsense No point telling them that though as they wont listen, so i just read and get a giggle out of it!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe people wouldn't take things as a "personal insult" if they weren't put over in that way in the first place! and i'm sorry but some people are not civil at all and some are fanatical !

Couldn't agree more.

Some people are very insulting... calling others bitches/ugly

You cant really get more offensive than that can you!!

And unless others have used the same language to the culprit , there is no excuse for it
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I can't comment on that selected part of CC's post - this was before i joined the forum so don't know the full scenario, all i know is that since i joined its plain as day who the antagonists are and i'm sure new posters would agree, like the girl who asked for advice recently and got shot down in flames, incidentally i have not seen her on here since !

As i said to someone else on here recently "its not what you say its the way you say it" - i think some need to read back their posts before sending them sometimes
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I can't comment on that selected part of CC's post - this was before i joined the forum so don't know the full scenario
The war was before I was born but I can still have an opinion
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Excuse me ? - i have no idea what that selected part of quote is in relation to - if i knew what the thread was about and its content maybe i would make a comment but i don't - are we talking about the same quote here ? Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit don't they say ?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Excuse me ? - i have no idea what that selected part of quote is in relation to - if i knew what the thread was about and its content maybe i would make a comment but i don't - are we talking about the same quote here ? Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit don't they say ?
What we are talking about is your defence of one member who uses extreme attacks on others in defence of any form of criticism.

You have been on here long enough to have seem some of insults she dishes out.

And in your post

greyhoundk

Are you justifying such comments as

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua
you are ugly -

Perhaps you don't have a man that looks after you - poor sad "ladies" (I use the term loosely).

miserable, nasty old hag.:
TO name but a few

Can you honestly find one comment on any thread , that warrants such offensive remarks.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 10:58 AM
I am not saying i think these comments are ok i'm just saying that i don't know in what context they were said. I can't comment if i don't know both sides !

See it as defence if you wish but since i've been posting i haven't observed any insulting posts from CC - or maybe i just haven't been involved in those threads ?
Page 7 of 32 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »