Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
I got Sydney a lovely bed from Costco. It is a huge cushion, waterproof - but not cold and hard - if you know what I mean and has been really good.
Do you have a Costco nearby. It only cost about £15 and is really nice.
I think theres one round somewhere. Do you need to have a card to get in?
Thx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Jules1 View Post
I think theres one round somewhere. Do you need to have a card to get in?
Thx
You do need a card. But I bet if you ask around you will find someone who has one - you can join if you work for the NHS, council, fire, police, ambulance etc, etc, etc so I bet there are lots of people around who are members.
It is a great shop, well worth the joining fee IMO.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
You do need a card. But I bet if you ask around you will find someone who has one - you can join if you work for the NHS, council, fire, police, ambulance etc, etc, etc so I bet there are lots of people around who are members.
It is a great shop, well worth the joining fee IMO.
Thanks for the info. I will look into it
Thanks
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I got Tuffies for my two. Dale likes to stretch out and Chip likes to chew beds. We've had them since before the summer holidays and they 're surviving well.
They hoover and hose down very easily and dry quickly too. They're the most expensive beds I've ever bought but they are good
They also sell soft covers for them so once Chip can be trusted not to chew I might be tempted.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Inspired by this thread I toddled off down to my local independent pet shop. Fudge is the proud owner of anew bed. It is a washable cushion style,with hollowfibre insides. The cover though is half way between a waterproof one and a cotton cover. It looks like it will sponge down and not hold the dog hair.

The best bit though is the print. It is covered in a photo collage of dog biscuits!!! i will post a pic when I get the chance!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I got Tuffies for my two. Dale likes to stretch out and Chip likes to chew beds. We've had them since before the summer holidays and they 're surviving well.
They hoover and hose down very easily and dry quickly too. They're the most expensive beds I've ever bought but they are good
They also sell soft covers for them so once Chip can be trusted not to chew I might be tempted.
Mine are well over 3 years old (no other bed ever lasts more than 6 months) and my dogs chew and dig in their beds. I have nursed two dogs on them and you can scrub down every day to make sure the infection does not spread and keep any smell to a minimum. Initially expensive yes but in the long term the best bed I have ever bought.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Inspired by this thread I toddled off down to my local independent pet shop. Fudge is the proud owner of anew bed. It is a washable cushion style,with hollowfibre insides. The cover though is half way between a waterproof one and a cotton cover. It looks like it will sponge down and not hold the dog hair.

The best bit though is the print. It is covered in a photo collage of dog biscuits!!! i will post a pic when I get the chance!
Fudges new bed sounds lovely!!!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by sleepy wolf View Post
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XL-DOG-BED-CUS...d=p3286.c0.m14

Ok very large link not sure how to make it smaller but these are what we have, and the dogs love them only had them for 6 months but are withstanding well. They have a waterproof inner that is so easy to clean just hose or wipe and the covers can be hoovered or machine washed. If you type waterproof dog bed into ebay the is quite a lot different sizes thickness etc.
When the weater is really wet they are fab as once you remove the cover the rest is totally waterproof so mud etc just wipes off
I've ordered 4 of these last night. At least i will be able to take them for a walk in the morning and not worry about them getting their beds wet.
Thanks for the link x
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2008, 09:58 AM
[I] was going to addd the same link as Pitahttp://www.tuffies.co.uk/products.asp I have one dog that continually chews vet bed and after trying all sorts of beds this is the only one she dosnt chew, its great and so easy to keep clean.

Mo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2