Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:48 AM

Genuine opinions please (important)

Hello all.

I would like your honest opinion of the following photographs. They were taken on one of the hottest days of last year.
Dawn.

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Well the pens looked clean but I would say insufficient cover and water. The water should also have been in the shade, it would have become quite hot in the sun in metal bowls. The dogs didn't appear to be too uncomfortable.
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Looks like they have no shade,which if that is the case is cruel because they would of needed to of got somewhere cool.Hard to tell but also looks like they have not much if any water.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 08:57 AM
The runs appear to be clean dawn , but not very well sheltered , the water in the bowls would have been red hot lying in a non shaded area in metal bowls ,and to be honest i would be suprised if the dogs were not unwell due to no shelter and constant heat and only hot water to drink .
dont shoot me down guys jmo
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 09:00 AM
JMO - little or no water, no shade, and I would think the dogs are distressed, but that's conjecture as you can't really see them close up.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree with the above comments re: water and no shade. To be honest the whole place looks like it could do with an overhall and a bit of a spruce up doesn't it.

Debs
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2007, 09:32 AM
It's hard to say on the basis of photographs but I would think there is enough of concern there to discuss it further with either the licencing council if they are licenced or the RSPCA with regard to the new Welfare Act covering adequate shelter etc.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 10:38 AM
No adequate shelter and more water needed in a shaded area. No toys or other stimulus either by the look of it.

It does however look clean and the dogs have a certain amount of space .
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Thank you for your opinions. believe it or not, these photographs were taken at an USPCA shelter (Irish RSPCA) last summer. You are all correct in saying the dogs had no water, they didnt. The guy that took the pictures also says "The dogs were in very poor spirits, they had no water at all and most had no shelter"

I wanted to confirm what I see as a disgrace, people who are supposed to set an example treating dogs in this way. I will now write to them, would of any of you be willing to email them also?
Dawn.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes you can count me in, that's an utter disgrace from people who should know better.
Becky
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >