Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Mad at OH over my Dogs!!

I am getting really really sick of my OH telling me my dogs are going to be rubbish and that they will have to go if they aren't any good on a shoot day.
Just because his dogs are good. I must mention that he bought Hamish as a trained 3 year old and Gracie was free, part trained, as she wasn't suitable for field trialling.

Now he is on the phone to his friend, who has said that if Blade doesn't work out then he will take him, as he still has all his bits and pieces, and he has a black lab bitch....

This is a black lab bitch that has already had one litter of pups, 'Cockadors' I think he called them, as he was too impatient to wait for a labrador stud dog, and just wanted to have pups from her. I don't think she was health tested and they didn't keep any of the pups. (This is the person that gave us Tilly, then almost instantly bought a lurcher pup!)

Why can't OH just leave me alone to train my dogs how I want to train them! And stop rubbing it in my face that his dogs are better than mine, when Misty isn't even a year old yet, and Blade isn't the most confident of dogs, he'd rather walk to heel than hunt!

Sorry, rant over, I'm just at the end of my tether and need to off load!!

x
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:47 PM
If his dogs are so amazing why doesn't he offer some help and support and work on yours with you???
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:50 PM
grrrrr.....i feel for you,who's dog is Blade? if he's yours what right has he?
ignore him,I'm ignoring my o/h it was him or the dogs last night again
imo your o/h is having a tantrum me thinks!,he's probably wound up about something else and is using something close to you as an outlet. (not that its an excuse)
(((((hugs.x)))))
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
If his dogs are so amazing why doesn't he offer some help and support and work on yours with you???
Took the words right out of my mouth

x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Pillock.

Sometimes our OHs drive us completely crazy.

I'm lucky that Baz more or less agrees with me with regard to the gingers.

I feel for all of you with this kind of conflict

x0x
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:55 PM
He stands, watches me, makes me nervous and does offer some advice, but tbh, most of the time he is never there when I am training my pooches, he is usually still working!!
Or occasionally, he's at one end of the field with one of his, while I am at the other end with one of mine, and we are doing our own thing, so he can't really offer me any advice!

I think alot of it is because Blade took to me straight away and doesn't really like OH! He doesn't like it that a dog won't work for him!!

x
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 07:59 PM
my o/h is like that!(if a dog wont do as he says) its defo a 'control' thing .......or lack of on his part.lol.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Well said Muddi!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 08:33 PM
ahh, hun, don't let it get to you. Some men (and sorry to those who aren't like this) just have to feel superior so it might be that he's worried you're doing a good job with them

Just stick with it and prove him wrong
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 08:41 PM
What a git! Prove him wrong, or take up your own dog sport, agilty , obedience etc!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >