Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Car Insurance Claim

It seems like it's been going on forever! It's been going through since February last year which in the scheme of things probably isn't that long - I just want it settled now!

It's a difficult one as I have no memory of the crash itself. The moment's leading up to it are as clear as day, the impact is a blank, and the events afterwards are a mess. I had hoped that things would start to come back to me but unfortunately that's not currently been the case.

Anyway at the time of the crash, until about 5 months ago, the other party had also maintained that they remembered nothing of the crash. Suddenly, his memory comes back, and it's all my fault - according to him I was on his side of the road.

Last I heard from my insurance company, they were in the final assessing stages, and they pretty much told me that they were going to settle the claim in his favour.

Anyway I received a letter today stating that they are not satisfied with his version of events, and are now instructing a reconstruction expert to act on my behalf.

At least it's something
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 01:55 AM
God sounds like your going through it. Did the police not investigate the crash afterwards ie, the road, collision points etc to build a picture.
Insurance companies are a pain. My car was written off in a crash 8 years ago. I was working abroad at the time. The insuranc company sent out people twice to interview and both times asked questions regarding the driver (ie, in my view were they driving too quick) even though I told them I was not only not in the car but out of the country. They just wouldn't listen. Eventually got sorted but it felt like an eternity. Hope it gets sorted soon for you