View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
data3615
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-11-2005, 04:10 AM

7 week old German Shepherd pup making frequent crying noises - why?

Hello people just to let you no , My German Shep puppy is now 7 weeks old , Im not sure if this is a problem as i have not had one before , But i am just abit concered. Well for the last 2-3 days hes been making crying noises , its not constant just maybe once every hour or something , He only does it for a second or two. I was thinking could it be teething or growing pains etc.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-11-2005, 11:04 AM
What sort of 'crying'? Whimpering? Yelping?
Does he appear to be in any pain or discomfort?
Is he licking or biting or staring at any part of his body?
Does any part of his body seem sensitive when you handle him?
When does he cry? Walking? Playing? Laying down?
Could he be cold? Hot? Lonely?
Is he eating & drinking & toileting normally?
Has he vomited?
Is he coughing?
Is he lethargic?
Is his temperature normal?

I think he is too young for either of the suggestions you made to be the answer.

Further information may help someone to advise you further - but, if you have any concerns about his health you should consult a vet. Puppies of that age are very vulnerable and can become ill very quickly.
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2005, 05:34 AM
He is probably lonely and unhappy and missing his siblings...you could try leaving a dim light on for him and the radio low...a ticking clock under his bedding and a soft cuddly toy to snuggle up to can often help with this...If it persists or if you have any concerns, please do take him to the vet for a check up as puppies are very susceptible to all manner of illness...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 05:41 AM
I assume you have had him from 6 weeks old ? ...agree with above could prob be missing his mum and litter mates as he is young.....get the vet to give him a once over to rule anything in or out.