View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Riding stables in or near Glasgow/Dundee??

Just wondered if anyone knows of any good riding stables in or near Glasgow. I go through to Glasgow a fair bit to see my pal and am thinking of starting riding again. I used to be fairly ok, had 3 of my own horses at various times.

There are only a couple of stables in or near dundee that I have been to and I would go back to at least one of them but have been having a bit of an issue with self confidence recently and think the people who work there would remember me and that I will have forgotten how to ride etc etc

So if anyone does know any in either Glasgow area or Dundee OI'd be happy to hear. thanks
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi there,
There is a stables at Dumbreck (just off the M77) in Pollok Park-I don't know this one but my friends daughter rides there and she is happy with it.

Before we moved to the sticks my kids used to ride at the stables in Busby-it is just up from Sheddons Roundabout on the main road, they had really good experiences there and enjoyed their lessons but they were both quite little so I don't know what it would be like for adults although the staff were all lovely and seemed to know what they were doing.

I confess to being a horse virgin and am really rather scared of them! -I grin and bear it when I take the kids for their lessons but best of luck with "getting back on your horse"