21-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Aww Bless Lovely picture Thanks for sharing x
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Thank you for explaining.

I would still not agree with it - I prefer ears to do what they are going to do naturally.
Not all Cresteds need taped. Taping should only be needed on larger/ more heavily fringed eared pups. True Hairless ears are up and stay up due to the fact they are usually smaller looking in size and sparse fringing.
Also it should only require one piece of tape at base as that will stop the fold happening. One piece of tape just along inside of ear works as well. There should be no need for excessive tape covering all an ear as this imo may mean the pup has thin leathers so will never have strong ears no matter what ya do.See pic below regarding one piece at base
http://www.mohawkcresteds.com/Images/Puppies/pup12.jpg
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Not all Cresteds need taped. Taping should only be needed on larger/ more heavily fringed eared pups. True Hairless ears are up and stay up due to the fact they are usually smaller looking in size and sparse fringing.
Also it should only require one piece of tape at base as that will stop the fold happening. One piece of tape just along inside of ear works as well. There should be no need for excessive tape covering all an ear as this imo may mean the pup has thin leathers so will never have strong ears no matter what ya do.See pic below regarding one piece at base
http://www.mohawkcresteds.com/Images/Puppies/pup12.jpg
Again - fair do's - just don't agree.

Clo - your pup is lovely what ever. I hope you have fun with him
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 01:55 PM
wow Lynda, your girlie is looking smashing! Her ears are exactly the same as her sisters, but opposit colours! Get some piccies of her standing pretty please, an Il get some more of your Diz in the next few days

(sorry chloe to go off topic).
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 05:58 PM
thanks for the crestnut. she did say they might need bridging. i havent got any of the tape in, completely forgot about that on the puppy list. will have to get some in asap.

hes doign great now, his left one came down and is now going back up but his right is down. so i will do it before they stay down. daph had to have hers bridged cos she had soo much hair on her ears
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
thanks for the crestnut. she did say they might need bridging. i havent got any of the tape in, completely forgot about that on the puppy list. will have to get some in asap.

hes doign great now, his left one came down and is now going back up but his right is down. so i will do it before they stay down. daph had to have hers bridged cos she had soo much hair on her ears
No probs PM me if ya need any tape
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
wow Lynda, your girlie is looking smashing! Her ears are exactly the same as her sisters, but opposit colours! Get some piccies of her standing pretty please, an Il get some more of your Diz in the next few days

(sorry chloe to go off topic).
LOL There ears are some size. Sire's brother Buddy had huge ears so must have taken after their Unc Bud
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
http://www.majesticbordercollies.com/PuppyEars.html
yup look at that site for an explination
poor pups and the grown up dogs ears look so wrong
imo ears should be left to do what nature intendedIf so many dogs in the ring have the 'wrong' ears that have been 'corrected' isnt it about time the standard was corrected not the dogs ears?
Totally agree BenMcFuz.... you should not have to manipulate features to fit a standard if its not already there. Let the pups keep the ears the way they naturally would be if left to their own devices
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
Totally agree BenMcFuz.... you should not have to manipulate features to fit a standard if its not already there. Let the pups keep the ears the way they naturally would be if left to their own devices
Already posted about this Its for support until the cartilage strengthens, especially during teething
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Already posted about this Its for support until the cartilage strengthens, especially during teething
I still think it is manipulation - often puppies ears are all over the place and they will find their final position all by themselves if left alone - whether it is what the breed standard demands or not. I still think the ears should be left to finish off wherever they would naturally want to be.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >