Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Staffie Lad Needs a New Home:-(

Hi, I don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction.

A family my Mum knows need to find a loving home for their 2 year old Staffie boy. He doesn't have any temperament issues (so I'm told) and lives happily with two young children 6 and 9 years. They are going into rented accommodation so therefore need to find the boy a nice home.

I said that SBT rescue was the best way to go and just wondered if anyone had any advice/info that I could offer this family.

Many thanks, in advance
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 05:21 PM
their local staffy rescue would be the best option, however many are overrun and dont have space so may not be able to accept him.. where in the country is it CC?

I would try and put them off a private ad as I dont believe its the most respnsible way to rehome a staffy in particular.

If they seek advice from staffy rescue - rescue remedies on this site have a dedicated staffy site too so subject to area they might be a good place to start ?

good luck
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
their local staffy rescue would be the best option, however many are overrun and dont have space so may not be able to accept him.. where in the country is it CC?

I would try and put them off a private ad as I dont believe its the most respnsible way to rehome a staffy in particular.

If they seek advice from staffy rescue - rescue remedies on this site have a dedicated staffy site too so subject to area they might be a good place to start ?

good luck
Thanks Brundog,

They are in Essex. I don't think they were thinking of private ad. I was just adamant that it would be better to go to a specific breed rescue, rather than an all breeds rescue. I think these dogs take some understanding and wanted to be sure that the boy gets into the right home. Do Rescue Remedies have a website? I haven't done any research at all yet, only heard about this late this afternoon and asked that they let me make some enquiries, as I guessed you Dogsey members would know of a particular rescue to try. I know there are a lot of Staffies in Rescue and want to make sure this little guy gets the best chance of a nice home

Thanks again