Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Which class?

Me again! Classes available for Tun at the National Working & Pastoral Show (2hour drive) and the week before East of England

Yearling - Definitely entering
Graduate - ?
Post grad - ?

This will be his first proper show with Dobe classes. Entries close tomorrow at midday!

thanks people!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Me again! Classes available for Tun at the National Working & Pastoral Show (2hour drive) and the week before East of England

Graduate - ?
Post grad - ?

This will be his first proper show with Dobe classes. Entries close tomorrow at midday!

thanks people!
I would go for Yearling and Graduate - from memory - Yearling for you is a Crufts Qualifier? as is Graduate - that I would need to double check again.

But I would NOT do Post Grad - although having said that a friend of mine entered Yearling, Grad and Post Grad - she got 4th in Yearling, unplaced in Graduate and then as there were only two entries in Post Grad got 2nd and qualified! (For our breed Yearling and Grad aren't qualifiers!) so she got lucky but on the whole Post Grad will be full of much more mature dogs and the entries are never as low as 2!!!

Good luck my dear and remember just have fun
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I would go for Yearling and Graduate - from memory - Yearling for you is a Crufts Qualifier? as is Graduate - that I would need to double check again.

But I would NOT do Post Grad - although having said that a friend of mine entered Yearling, Grad and Post Grad - she got 4th in Yearling, unplaced in Graduate and then as there were only two entries in Post Grad got 2nd and qualified! (For our breed Yearling and Grad aren't qualifiers!) so she got lucky but on the whole Post Grad will be full of much more mature dogs and the entries are never as low as 2!!!

Good luck my dear and remember just have fun

Graduate is not a Crufts qualifier

http://dobermannbreedcouncil.co.uk/CRUFTS2008.html
Archiebongo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2008, 04:08 PM

Graduate - ?
Post grad - ?

thanks people!
Might be tempted with East of England to go for all 3. I know with my breed the entries are slightly lower as its mid week and just before the schools break up? Food for thought.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Is it a well known popular judge that can make all the differnece.
Frank Kane judged us on the Wednesday a couple of years ago and there was about 16 in PG, took ages as well because of the heat.
If I was you I'd haev a quick word the breeder she what she advises.
Dont forget if you enter a class at a champ show you cant withdraw if you get placed in the first you have to do all three.
By the way how old is your dog.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 05:46 PM
It depends on whether you want to try for Crufts qualification, have several "goes" for the experience or just go in for the "lowest" class to see how you go.
Thank goodness we are in FCI in Ireland where there is only one possible class (apart from older Champions) and you are only allowed to enter one!
I agree the breeder should be a good source of advice.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks all!

He will be 21 months by the time the show comes round.

I don't have internet access at home and work blocked me from the entries site so my lovely friend rang me and read me your replies last night and she entered me

Have decided to put him into all 3. I have no expectations or aspirations in the Crufts department, I'm just keen to see how he compares with dobes his own age and as it's a 2 hour drive thought we may as well make a day of it so entered the other 2 classes, it's all good experience after all

There was another show nearer on the same day but didnt have a yearling class. The lady did say that as the National was on the same day their classes would be smaller but thats not what its about is it

I was happier not being placed in a class of 16 AV stakes a few weeks ago than I was coming 2nd out of 2 in the AV working yearling if that makes sense?

Am looking forward to it, big picnic, fingers crossed for good weather!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. Ive got nothing to show at the moment as Dice is still on his strict diet and the girls are out of coat.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks MS!

I think I will prob go by myself as the boyf just takes the mick all the time and annoys me, saying its all mincy and pointless.

Looking forward to seeing lots of other dobes!!

I will get looking for some more local open shows with Dobe classes in the meantime for us to go to after the E of E. I feel a bit cheeky going to champ shows without having even been in a Dobe class EVER

But it did say 'open to all' on the schedule!

Hope the diet is coming along! Are the welsh springers the ones with the longer legs? saw some lovely dogs that looked like tall version of springers the other day at a show and wondered which breed they were!
mcgregorkh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Don't feel cheeky about it have fun! If you want you can meet up with me at W&P just so you don't feel lost or need any help. I will give you my bench number when my passes arrive if you want, just PM me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >