Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 06:15 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, May 21

Good morning everyone,

Happy Gotcha Day for Sammy yesterday and isn't he coming on well.

Norma, hope you had a better night last night.

Lynn, very sorry Gorden wasn't successful, trouble with a lot of these jobs they have already pinpointed someone for them, a case of who you know, not what you know. I am sure there is one out there for him. Do the lottery, who knows you could be a 1m winner and be back in Essex before you know it. Wouldn't that be wonderful for you both.

Griff, hope you and Dex are feeling better today and your da is also in a better frame of mind.

Brenda, that must be infuriating for you as a trainer to have dogs behave like that on the street, do as June says hand them a dog training leaflet, let them know they have it wrong.

June, hope your back is better today. We are in for a lot of rain so I am glad Steve did a lot of gardening yesterday to straighten things up. He even cut Pat's lawn next door. It's his 53rd birthday tomorrow. I bought him a new dartboard, must be a martyr to the boom boom boom of the darts going in.

Did, I tell you the landlady sent another contractor round to quote for the kitchen. She wont do it, it is just another ruse to put the rent up yet again.

Oh well better get Amber out before the rain starts, take care, have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:11 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Sadly Moyra it doesn't quite work like that. If I started to hand out leaflets I would probably get more than I deserve back. Some people are oblivious to what their dogs do. Never mind. At least I can rely on mine to come when called and to behave properly. Have a good day everyone. Last classes today for a couple of weeks. Will let you all know when I post the last mutterings on the website. Just hope the dogs down in Kent are friendly when we go on holiday but then I just try to be like any normal dog owner. lol!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:49 AM
Brenda, hope you have a lovely holiday in Kent. It is a beautiful County and I love it. Enjoy all it has to offer.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
That's not right Moyra is it about sending contractors round then not doing the job but putting the rent up.
brenda we have lots of small terrier type dogs here on extending leads and they all want to fight Dillon, owners find it amusing I smile and show how well behaved my 91/2 stone dog is by not reacting and listening to my verbal clues.
It is extremely annoying though. We also get dogs of all sizes behind fences and gates sounding and possibly being aggressive use to terrify me as there are very few places not to have this problem when you walk. Now I know they cannot get out and know the places to swap sides with Dillon and ignore them or say loudly shush as I go by.
June and griff hope bad backs are easier today and Dex is improving.

Thank you for all the well wishes re: Gorden and the job good job Mark and Joel and Lauren came last night till tomorrow morning it gave us something else to think about but we are feeling a bit low about today. Sure it will go to the back of our minds when they all come downstairs later.
Really hoping as you say something better is out there same with the house.
We are lucky if we even get a number on the lottery Moyra.
No news on the car yet so it is probably still sitting at the garage waiting to be taken to the main dealer maybe Monday.

Hope all are well and four legged friends too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Lynn, my heart goes out to you, it is time things got better. Good luck wishes and healing thoughts go out to you and yours. Enjoy your weekend despite the disappointment.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Good morning all.
Sorry to hear your news Lynn. This has really all gone on long enough for you now. Something good is bound to turn up soon xx
We are lucky in that Pepsi ignores all dogs, big or small, more or less. Other than a Lurcher who, one day tried to take a chunk out of her! Brian always knows when it is around because Peps starts playing up and she barks and snarles at it if it comes too close!
Horrible day here so we have decided we are going to stay home and comfort eat!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you have a good holiday Brenda and being a "normal" dog owner at least you know you have no worries with Tyto.

Hope you don't have too much rain Moyra and are able to walk Amber without getting too wet. I keep telling my son he should put the rent up for his house he has replaced fencing, new cooker, new boiler and fixed a light. The tenant wants a new front door but he doesn't have the money for that this year. The rent has been the same for 5 years. I don't see how your landlady can consider putting the rent up and do no work. Obviously she is only interest in making money and no care for how you live. Have you tried getting the council in to have a look and see if they can get her to do anything about your living conditions.

I am sorry to hear Gorden didn't get the job Lynn but like Moyra says they most probably have someone earmarked for it but have to go through the motions of advertising and interviews so that it looks right. I feel sorry for everyone who is involved in this type of thing. Have a good weekend at least with the family.

Hope backs are better today.

Trying to rain here but have at least got Teazle out whilst dry. Eldest son coming this evening (time not known but no doubt will be latish) so his dinner will be in the microwave Planning on doing some cooking this morning as he wants to go to a garden centre tomorrow to look for something nice to put in pots (very low maintenance is required)

Have a good day and stay safe.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Good morning Moyra brenda lynn and all to follow
Nasty piece of work your landlord trying to increase the rent by getting quotes especially as the property is sub standard
Time to gee up the housing associations regarding your situation and the problems your facing
Happy birthday to Steve for tomorrow
Brenda hope training goes well and looking forward to the next instalment
Lynn gutted for you both re job ,house ,car Whits for you will no go bye yea springs to mind bet there's somthing just round the corner glad the family's there to take your mind of things for a wee while Muppet hugs
Slightly better night sleeping on and off blooming owl not helping hoot hooting could have shot the perishing thing
Walked the Muppets from 5till 6 not sure that they appreciated their beauty sleep being disturbed lol
Did somthing I very very rarely do and went back to bed only just up glad now I did as it's chucking it down
Nothing pressing on the cards today hope everyone has a great day what ever your all up to
Take care stay safe xxxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Good morning Nippy and Norma you snuck in there
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Morning all
Lynn, ((hugs)) for you and Gorden because you deserve them...things will get better!!!
Moyra, hope you made it out with Amber without getting too wet. Could you go somewhere else private rented for the same money?
Norma, ooo how loely an Owl but sorry it woke you up
Sue, have a good day cooking and hope you soon arrives not too late
Nippy, i agree, deffo a day for staying home
Brenda, i feel so sorry for the dogs having such clueless owners, there is only 1 round here who bothers me and has attacked one dog already and was trying to have a go at deags yesterday...thing is he is massive, a staffx of some dexscription but he is absolutely huge and she would stand no chance, my dad is going to tell the fella he gets the dog a muzzle and some help or he is getting on to battersea dogs home and going to tel them to come and fetch the dog back
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »