View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2012, 06:05 PM
I couldn't agree more Azz very well said .
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

That made me choke on my coffee.
Hillarious

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Thats their choice. Constantly throwing things in peoples faces more often than not has the adverse effect. Proven too. People get sick of it. That may explain why all the "evidence" people collect is not acted upon, and of course as I said earlier, in this case, the law is a joke.
well get the flags out! one thing we both agree on!...the law is Joke, its dispicable that sadists are still getting away with brutalising our wildlife!

Originally Posted by Azz View Post

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen - some people are despicable

How anyone can support such a 'sport' is beyond me

Times have moved on, we're no longer the barbaric cavemen that our ancestors were. Fox hunting is on the wrong side of history - just like so many other vile practises from our past, and that's exactly where it belongs.

There can be no justification of human beings 'killing for fun', life deserves more respect - and as an evolved and highly intelligent species we should know better.
I couldnt agree more Azz, i'll never understand in billion years the mentality of these people...and i dont want to.

x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
thank you for your take on it .

That really makes my blood boil that hunters like that think theyre above the law!...theyre nothing more than common criminals!

you know when the huntsman is blowing his horn? someone thought it was possibly a drawing call or a doubling call, do you know if its either..or neither? lol

unfortunately you are going to get people like that that are set in their ways. i have nothing against farmers controlling foxes on their land if they are causing problems, providing it is done as efficiently as possible, so ideally one shot and its over. i do not agree with the hounds ripping apart a fox, and i dont agree with them being dug up if they go to ground.

found this online which explains all the different blows on the horn. the only ones i do are moving off, stopping the hounds, calling the whipper in, and blowing for home.

http://www.albrightonwoodlandhunt.co...rn%20Calls.pdf
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I thought they were suppose to be able to call the hounds off?
you can call the hounds off. they told the woman to leave it because her going in like that could of got her bitten, on the face by numerous hounds (luckily they werent that interested!)

Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
They don't call them off, they "whip" them off
dont appreciate that. never whipped a hound in my life. we have whips which we use. but the dogs arent hit. you hit the area beside infront or wherever. never the dog!
so say you want the dogs to stay behind the huntsman, they crack the whip in front and say "come behind" or when we are walking up roads we have whipper ins (what i am) at the side walking along the pack and the whip gets cracked to the side if a dog ventures too far out.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
unfortunately you are going to get people like that that are set in their ways. i have nothing against farmers controlling foxes on their land if they are causing problems, providing it is done as efficiently as possible, so ideally one shot and its over. i do not agree with the hounds ripping apart a fox, and i dont agree with them being dug up if they go to ground.

found this online which explains all the different blows on the horn. the only ones i do are moving off, stopping the hounds, calling the whipper in, and blowing for home.

http://www.albrightonwoodlandhunt.co...rn%20Calls.pdf
thank you for the link, i'll have a look at that later

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
you can call the hounds off. they told the woman to leave it because her going in like that could of got her bitten, on the face by numerous hounds (luckily they werent that interested!)

dont appreciate that. never whipped a hound in my life. we have whips which we use. but the dogs arent hit. you hit the area beside infront or wherever. never the dog!
so say you want the dogs to stay behind the huntsman, they crack the whip in front and say "come behind" or when we are walking up roads we have whipper ins (what i am) at the side walking along the pack and the whip gets cracked to the side if a dog ventures too far out.
they looked either young hounds or very cowed ones to me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:52 PM
My local hunt. Love the countryside here. Often go.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen - some people are despicable

How anyone can support such a 'sport' is beyond me

Times have moved on, we're no longer the barbaric cavemen that our ancestors were. Fox hunting is on the wrong side of history - just like so many other vile practises from our past, and that's exactly where it belongs.

There can be no justification of human beings 'killing for fun', life deserves more respect - and as an evolved and highly intelligent species we should know better.
'Nuff said for me.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I sometimes try to stay out of these hunting debates, because naturally both sides are unlikely to change their views, and it can become rather steamed up in the thread However, I am going to have a little say.

I am pro fox hunting, I always have been and always will be. I do become a little cross when hunt followers, be they on horseback or on foot are branded as bloodthirsty evil people who are out there purely to see a fox killed. This is absolutely not true........although the farmer who wishes to reduce the loss of his lambs in the spring, or the chicken owner who is sick to death of picking up mutilated half dead or dead chooks from the orchard (me), may think a dead fox is a good fox.

Very often, there is no kill at all (especially now of course, although accidents do happen.......we are talking about living animals with minds of their own; the hounds are bred to hunt foxes, and it is in their blood, same as my JRT has hunting small furry things in his blood. Once he spots or scents something, there is no way on this earth that I could stop him.....hence his never being offlead outside the garden). But if there IS a kill, then it is over and done with in a flash. I just cannot understand, or condone, the idea that shooting problem foxes, or trapping, or poisoning is an acceptable way of controlling them. I have come across a trapped fox at the crack of dawn, and the image will forever stay with me. Nobody should ever inflict that sort of agony on any animal, and the same thing can happen with a bad shot.....as for poisoning.

I always trot this out, but for me it is very relevant......what is the difference between a fox and a rat? Both are furry mammals, both are wild and are opportunists. One has a bushy tail, one doesn't. To me that is the only difference and believe it or not I like and respect both.......and I will tolerate both happily until they cause me a big problem. Millions of people think absolutely nothing of getting somebody in to deal with their rat problem; and if dealing with them involves bringing terriers plus something heaving to bash them over the head with, then they think so be it. Nobody is jumping up and down and saying it's cruel to rats.

I abhor cruelty, always have and always will, and although I know that many people feel that the actual chase is cruel, I don't believe that it is.

As for the Antis........why when they love animals so much supposedly, do they turn up in combat gear with balaclavas and do their utmost to harm hounds and horses.

The two sides are never going to agree I am afraid, but I will be attending the usual Boxing Day meet in the High Street, along with thousands of others who support hunting. It is not about bloodthirsty toffs on horseback, it is about normal everyday members of the community who enjoy a good day out across country and who know that they are helping to scatter and reduce the fox population in the area.

*waits to be flattened and pummelled
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I sometimes try to stay out of these hunting debates, because naturally both sides are unlikely to change their views, and it can become rather steamed up in the thread However, I am going to have a little say.

I am pro fox hunting, I always have been and always will be. I do become a little cross when hunt followers, be they on horseback or on foot are branded as bloodthirsty evil people who are out there purely to see a fox killed. This is absolutely not true........although the farmer who wishes to reduce the loss of his lambs in the spring, or the chicken owner who is sick to death of picking up mutilated half dead or dead chooks from the orchard (me), may think a dead fox is a good fox.

Very often, there is no kill at all (especially now of course, although accidents do happen.......we are talking about living animals with minds of their own; the hounds are bred to hunt foxes, and it is in their blood, same as my JRT has hunting small furry things in his blood. Once he spots or scents something, there is no way on this earth that I could stop him.....hence his never being offlead outside the garden). But if there IS a kill, then it is over and done with in a flash. I just cannot understand, or condone, the idea that shooting problem foxes, or trapping, or poisoning is an acceptable way of controlling them. I have come across a trapped fox at the crack of dawn, and the image will forever stay with me. Nobody should ever inflict that sort of agony on any animal, and the same thing can happen with a bad shot.....as for poisoning.

I always trot this out, but for me it is very relevant......what is the difference between a fox and a rat? Both are furry mammals, both are wild and are opportunists. One has a bushy tail, one doesn't. To me that is the only difference and believe it or not I like and respect both.......and I will tolerate both happily until they cause me a big problem. Millions of people think absolutely nothing of getting somebody in to deal with their rat problem; and if dealing with them involves bringing terriers plus something heaving to bash them over the head with, then they think so be it. Nobody is jumping up and down and saying it's cruel to rats.

I abhor cruelty, always have and always will, and although I know that many people feel that the actual chase is cruel, I don't believe that it is.

As for the Antis........why when they love animals so much supposedly, do they turn up in combat gear with balaclavas and do their utmost to harm hounds and horses.

The two sides are never going to agree I am afraid, but I will be attending the usual Boxing Day meet in the High Street, along with thousands of others who support hunting. It is not about bloodthirsty toffs on horseback, it is about normal everyday members of the community who enjoy a good day out across country and who know that they are helping to scatter and reduce the fox population in the area.

*waits to be flattened and pummelled
shooting,trapping and poisoning goes on now just as it did pre-ban, it will never stop, people have this belief that the fox population will suddenly burgeon out of control if foxes aren't killed, thats not true. Fox numbers are regulated by the availability of food & territory. So as foxes are territorial they dont need help dispersing!

If a farmer has a problem with a fox the most humane method of killing it is to shoot it, most foxes never come into conflict with man so why should they have to pay the ultimate price?? foxhunting is not only inhumane but its indiscriminate!

Genuine Sabs Are animal lovers and would never harm hounds or horses, just like genuine football fans would never start fights at football matches. I believe theres been a lot more prosecutions against huntsmen then prosecutions against sabs for violent acts?

& this is absolutely appalling behaviour towards an elderly lady monitoring the hunt,

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:49 AM
shooting,trapping and poisoning goes on now just as it did pre-ban, it will never stop, people have this belief that the fox population will suddenly burgeon out of control if foxes aren't killed, thats not true. Fox numbers are regulated by the availability of food & territory. So as foxes are territorial they dont need help dispersing!

If a farmer has a problem with a fox the most humane method of killing it is to shoot it, most foxes never come into conflict with man so why should they have to pay the ultimate price?? foxhunting is not only inhumane but its indiscriminate!

Genuine Sabs Are animal lovers and would never harm hounds or horses, just like genuine football fans would never start fights at football matches. I believe theres been a lot more prosecutions against huntsmen then prosecutions against sabs for violent acts?

& this is absolutely appalling behaviour towards an elderly lady monitoring the hunt,
This is just tit for tat. You know as well as I do that the level of violence committed by hunt sabs and animal extremists is shocking. They kill Hounds, they attack people, they purposely and deliberately set out to cause disruption and it often ends in harm.
Page 8 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »