Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 09:53 PM

OMG Scary

eek..

I just took Archie into the garden for a pee, and right at the back in the shadows something moved, Archie went nuts and started growling and barking, and I saw something sitting on top of the wall in the shadows, but it's really dark and I couldn't tell if it was a cat or a fox or something else, so I picked Archie up to avoid any problems.

I stood there with Archie tense in my arms for about 5min, the thing wouldn't move and I started wondering if it was my imagination when suddenly the thing moved into the light, it was a fox! It jumped over the wall and started prowling in next door's garden, I put Archie down and he was just standing there, growling and barking, and then running to hide behind me. I was so scared! lol.

Now I have brought Archie inside cos I don't know what would happen if he comes face to face with the fox, but it seems he's still feeling protective over his territory cos he's siting in front of the mirror barking at himself

Does anyone know what happens if a fox and dog meet? Will the fox run away in the same way it will if it meets a person? I don't mind them, I think they're sweet and they come into the garden a lot, but now I'm scared in case Archie gets into a fight with one...
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm still scared and Archie's still barking at himself

No one at home... help!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Tuti I saw a fox in the afternoon in the middle of the field last week, it appeared to be eating cowpoo You need to take care because they can carry mange and other things so try to keep Archie away from where it has been.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

eek tuti, not sure wot a fox would do. I think cats have been attacked by foxes tho?
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

We have a fox living in a compost heap in our garden its funny because the dogs never go near it, and when the fox does come out it quickly runs away but i dont know what it would do if it couldnt get away i suppose it might fight if it was scarred, dont really no.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Ohh thanks for that Mini... I wasn't eve thinking about mange, just those big teeth lol

Luckily there is a hedge by that wall, Archie is not allowed to go under that hedge in case he tries to dig under the wall or finds another squirrel's tail So it should be ok
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:22 PM
We have the compost heap area seperate to the rest of the garden so you have to go through a gate to get to it, as we knew that the doggies can get mange from the fox.But there too wimpy to go by it anyway
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Just thinking about taking Archie for a last wee before we go to bed... but I'm too scared to go in the garden!!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

29-05-2005, 10:36 PM
we have a lot of foxes out the back and they mix with my cats and if they see the dogs they will run - foxes are extremely sensitive and will not go out of their way to attack unless provoked and cornered - but like Mini says you need to be careful of mange.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks Emm.... think I'll risk a quick trip to the garden then! Can't the cats carry the mite back to the dogs though?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »