Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katrinabroderick@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Best quality dry dog food

Hi guys don't know if I'm posting this in the right place so bare with me until I get used to site.
I have a 6 mth old chihuahua and hes on royal can8n.after reading such bad reviews on this food I desperately need to change he's food.I have done quite a bit of research and narrowed it down to 4 now.I was thinking acana, fish4dogs, applaws and barking heads.anyone use these brands? And what do u reckon on these brands? And would love to hear what people feed there dogs.and any recommendations on any other brands would be great
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 10:19 AM
We feed Barking Heads and our youngster doing well on it.

Some kibble you will find will be a bit big for your pup so you would be better to stick to a food like James Wellbeloved that do a small bite food for toy dogs. Our older dog is on Janes Wellbeloved and does very well on it
katrinabroderick@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
We feed Barking Heads and our youngster doing well on it.

Some kibble you will find will be a bit big for your pup so you would be better to stick to a food like James Wellbeloved that do a small bite food for toy dogs. Our older dog is on Janes Wellbeloved and does very well on it
Hi I tried him on jwb.I bought 2 bags and the little monkey wouldn't touch it.I ended up feeding it all to the ducks where I live so many foods out there
Heard f4d, applaws and acana is fantastic food.waiting on some samples so I can try him on them before buying bags and wasting more money
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 02:57 PM
My girl would eat any salmon flavoured, maybe it's a flavour she's preferring? Look for a good brand then get different samples of each of their flavours ☺️

We use a grain free that only our local pet shop does but we've had great success with that.
katrinabroderick@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyDogLady View Post
My girl would eat any salmon flavoured, maybe it's a flavour she's preferring? Look for a good brand then get different samples of each of their flavours ☺️

We use a grain free that only our local pet shop does but we've had great success with that.
Love the name crazydoglady I have ordered some samples of highly recommened brands now.can't wait for him to try them.hope he likes one of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2016, 05:25 PM
Hello Katrina you might like to check out some other foods with top quality ingredients ..

Eden
Green Dog
Millies Wolfheart

They all have websites and some offer the option of buying samples to try.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Rosie has Wafcol salmon and potato. She has intolerances and a sensitive digestion and this suits her.

Burns also do a good range of kibbles and they also offer samples
katrinabroderick@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Thanks for recommendations guys.I have got burns and eden amongst my samples coming,and lots of other brands too
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by katrinabroderick@ View Post
Love the name crazydoglady I have ordered some samples of highly recommened brands now.can't wait for him to try them.hope he likes one of them.
Hahaha Thankyou ☺️ It sums me up pretty well and I was lucky it hadn't been taken. Let us know how you get on, always good to know the ones fussy eaters might go for
katrinabroderick@
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2016, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyDogLady View Post
Hahaha Thankyou ☺️ It sums me up pretty well and I was lucky it hadn't been taken. Let us know how you get on, always good to know the ones fussy eaters might go for
Haha will keep you posted
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >