Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 11:42 AM

This season's new boots fashion advice?

Ok - so I keep seeing these ankle lace up boots appearing everywhere, so is this going to be the new winter boot or what? If so I'd like to get myself a pair & be in advance of my daughters I'd like something different to Ugg style
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limit...=1-3&rh=&page=
I quite like these, but are we going to be wearing them with leggings? I can't see any pictures anywhere of them worn with leggings & I decided last year that I'm not too old for leggings I've got 2 lovely pairs of "winter" leggings from George last week, they are deep grey, 1 pair like a needle cord & the other like a velvety fabric which I think would look nice with them?
If I can can ahead of the daughters in the fashion wars, I'm going to be the coolest mum .......... or have I got it completely wrong?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
These have been in for a while and yes, leggings are good with them! I don't know what is coming up for winter but you can't go wrong with a good 'worky' boot just now.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
These have been in for a while and yes, leggings are good with them! I don't know what is coming up for winter but you can't go wrong with a good 'worky' boot just now.
have they I've never really seen them, but they seem to be everywhere just now with new winter stocks coming in!
They seem a bit more weatherproof than ugg style. I think I'm going to get them I only went on to M&S site to see if they had any "Vicky Pollard" velour tracksuits which I live in for dog walking & around the house
they all laugh at me as I have 3, but now they do brown too, so I can really act my age if I get a brown one
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I agree leggings go well with them, Also skinny jeans. My friend has a pair similar and she wears them with ripped skinny jeans, I think it looks nice!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Haha nice one lol!

Yeh the other kinds boot things that are kicking around just now are the sporty type one, that's a bit like a baseball shoe with a heel and the peep toe boot but they are a more a heeled boot. Long socks are in too and long lacy/vintage type socks with shoes that you would never normally wear socks with!

Doc Martin's are always a winner though and even more so now the 'work boot' is in.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Jeggings! They go super too! Not so sure on the velour trackkie though lol!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
My sister has had the worky boot since the beginning of summer I think, round about, but it's clearly more practical as a winter boot so maybe that's why it's gaining popularity now, i'm not all up on fashion to be honest but my sister is, I just rely on her to tell me what's what when I go shopping lol!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I agree leggings go well with them, Also skinny jeans. My friend has a pair similar and she wears them with ripped skinny jeans, I think it looks nice!
I've ordered the boots

Haha nice one lol!

Yeh the other kinds boot things that are kicking around just now are the sporty type one, that's a bit like a baseball shoe with a heel and the peep toe boot but they are a more a heeled boot. Long socks are in too and long lacy/vintage type socks with shoes that you would never normally wear socks with!

Doc Martin's are always a winner though and even more so now the 'work boot' is in.
Long socks I'm going to be 44 next week! my hub would think all his Christmas's had come at once if I wore long lacey socks
It's hard at my age, you have to be careful about what you can get away with & socks is a definate no no

Jeggings! They go super too! Not so sure on the velour trackkie though lol!
I love my velour tracksuits - they are going to email me when the brown are in stock I promise I won't try to tuck them into my new boots that would be bad!! I wear trainers with them - honest
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I've ordered the boots

Long socks I'm going to be 44 next week! my hub would think all his Christmas's had come at once if I wore long lacey socks
It's hard at my age, you have to be careful about what you can get away with & socks is a definate no no

I love my velour tracksuits - they are going to email me when the brown are in stock I promise I won't try to tuck them into my new boots that would be bad!! I wear trainers with them - honest
LOL! Tuck them into your lacy socks first!
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 11:56 AM
According to my fashion concious sister:

"It's the military look." I've seen a fair few bits sprouting up, including the boots which I love. Trousers are another thing where they're high waisted with lots of buttons, same for jackets and coats.

I've seen a few girls coming into work with military boots on, usually loosely laced up with leggings, tights or skinny jeans (Black 9 times out of 10). I've got some jeans that would suit a pair perfectly and have seen a nice pair in Tesco (go me for fashion!) but the thing that annoys me is the zips... why can't you just have boots that lace up? Why must they insist on zips?! (I've got big calves so boots with zips = no way are those doing up) although my sister just said "Screw the zip, just unlace them, get them on and lace them up!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >