Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2006, 06:20 PM

A nice 2 days

Has been a busy couple of days for the terrible trio. Yesterday i took them into the woods to one of Storms all haunts, its a longish walk but felt that Skye would be up to it, she was. Her, Jake and Star took their time and sniffed alot of things and Jakes nose found something worth trying to dig up, i think it was nuts buried from squirrels. Speaking of squirrels Star and Skye made sure there were non near by as they chased quite a few.

When we got near Storms fave spot we had to cross a dried up stream, me and my mum used the little wooden bridge to cross it but the dogs all went different ways to cross it (Storm was the smart one and used the bridge) Star decided the best action was to jump it which he did only just making it, Skye climbed down trotted across and then spent 2 minutes clambering up the other side. Jake started to climb down but then took the smart dog award by using the bridge.

When over we got to a path that led to "Storms place" and old pond that is more like a swamp, when we got there Jake stayed near me while the labs tore down to the pond, but i called them not to go in as when they do they come out manky. On the way back we have to go down a narrow path with high ground on each side, Star and Skye run up, causing my mum to panic as they were high and she could not see them, i told her they will be fine and they will meet us at the bottom, at this point we saw Star jump over the path from one high side to the other, Skye stood at the edge and thought the gap was to big and walk down and met us like i said she would.

At the bottom is a stream they had a play in, well Star put his paws in so thats and improvement, Jake at this point was getting tired so we made our way home, but before we did the rain started pouring and the wind howling. When crossing the bridge home the wind made Jake very nervy but he was a good lad and did not panic.

Today after their busy day yesterday we just took the down to the Stream for a walk a long the bank, Skye was in and out and Star just kept disappearing in the undergrowth and Jake was still a little tired so he just walked with the odd sniff (his old man stroll). On the way back we saw a Staff x which they said hello but it was a nervy dog, worse than jakey infact. Star had a quick sniff of her before jumping the stream and playing on the oppisite side, i have know idea why he has taken to jumping.

All in all its been a good couple of days albeit muddy, but once again i forgot to take the cam, will remember one day.

Phill & the trio...
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Great blog... it's not a walk if theres no mud eh.. look fwd to pics next time ;-p
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Glad they all enjoyed their muddy walk. I agree with Ian pictures would be nice next time.