Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I have been involved with rescue for the last 10 plus years---there have ALWAYS been dogs available in rescue.

I can accept that you have now changed your opinion.

However I think people should be able to get dogs from a breeder or a rescue.

rune
Yes, sadly at the time we were looking there were no doodles and so we made the decision that for ONCE we would get from a breeder well, twice as it happened eventually, but that doesn't cancel out the 30+ dogs and 100 odd cats we have adopted over the years either!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
When we got our dogs there wasn't such an economic downturn and there weren't any in shelters around otherwise we would have actually! So my words were not hollow because my opinion has changed SINCE getting our dogs so NOW I would not get another dog as a pup from a breeder... does nobody else EVER change their opinions on here? You'd think so! You know you are so highly depricating at times some of you but glass houses and all that... or maybe you are just going to pick faults in everything I write to make yourselves feel better. Well if that is your lovely personalities showing through you aren't endearing yourselves
Really? The Labradoodletrust was set up from May 2007, so it would of been set up from at least when you got your second one, and its set up just for labradoodles so I'm confused now

[Link removed]
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 03:25 PM
When we got our dogs there wasn't such an economic downturn and there weren't any in shelters around otherwise we would have actually! So my words were not hollow because my opinion has changed SINCE getting our dogs so NOW I would not get another dog as a pup from a breeder... does nobody else EVER change their opinions on here? You'd think so! You know you are so highly depricating at times some of you but glass houses and all that... or maybe you are just going to pick faults in everything I write to make yourselves feel better. Well if that is your lovely personalities showing through you aren't endearing yourselves
Yes, sadly at the time we were looking there were no doodles and so we made the decision that for ONCE we would get from a breeder well, twice as it happened eventually, but that doesn't cancel out the 30+ dogs and 100 odd cats we have adopted over the years either!
I'm confused. In other threads you have said that Dyson come from Canine Partners as an assistance dog for you....how could you have got him from a breeder if that was the case?

How did you forget about the other 15 dogs when you filled in your User profile?

Even over 50 years, as you've said you've never had more than 3 at one time, how did you manage to adopt 30 dogs (and keep a welsh border stud as well who I presume wasn't a rescue if you were using him at stud)?

Your posts appear so contradictory. Some seem so reasonable and sensible, others completely off the wall; I am really struggling to know what to believe of your posts.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2010, 03:28 PM
*Some off topic posts have been removed*
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Ia m a little confused by your reasoning, you say these two are the only ones you have had from breeders, all the rest have been rescue.

Yet in another thread yo say you have owned a "stud dog"

Gorgeous - very similar to our Welsh Border stud that we had years ago. Lovely looking Collie.

So you only rescue "other than these two" you dont support breeders, yet you owned a "stud dog" help me out here!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Maybe Ally means she has fostered 30 dogs and 100 cats ?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 04:50 PM
she is clearly said adopted! either way there are holes in everything she says.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I said that some of the dogs we have had, well most actually were from rescues with one or two as exceptions. Yes, Dyson is from CPI although we were in from the start so with the breeder etc.; yes at times we have had several dogs at any one time in fact we once had 7! As for the TRust someone mentioned, that would be the same trust that used charity money to build kennels for keeping the rescue dogs and then using them for breeding Poodles and the same trust that is being investigated because they never have dogs there, they foster them out at no cost to themselves and then charge a fortune? I woudln't get a dog from them with the practices they use.

Well, I hope that has answered all your questions and I am delighted that I am so interesting that you spend time checking back. The fact is that I haven't said exactly when and how many dogs we had at any one time does not mean I am wrong - there are lots of details you don't know. Oh and as for the stud dog of course we didn' get him from a rescue and after using him a few times we decided we didn't want to be involved. As for Dyson he is my helper dog. Now, who are you going to grill next? If I have missed out other vital details you should be aware of like my previous and present addresses, employment details and confidential stuff do not expect me to provide that....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Can i just ask one thing if thats not a problem! when you say you used your stud a few times and decided not to be involved anymore did you keep him as a pet or did you rehome, also did you/are you still aware of how the pups are that he produced! oh and another thing, was you studding him out to hobby breeders or did he go towards improving the breed and go to working/showing dogs?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2010, 05:11 PM
God, this forum really doesn't have much moderation does it? We are here to talk about our beloved dogs yet new members come on and get accused of being in cahoots with me, I get accused of fabricating things or changing my details, or not even knowing what pets we have had and yet I have had to reply otherwise that would just let youbelieve that I am making it all up and then Devildogs has the nerve to say I am trying to make the threads about me.... who is it asking nay demanding all this info and making accusations????? Talk about going off topic.... next......

So back to dogs.... what made you choose your usernames and was it anything to do with your dogs?
Closed Thread
Page 49 of 50 « First < 39 46 47 48 49 50 >