Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
yes you can

SSP you can claim this no matter how much NI you have paid as long as you have accounts for earnings
oh - well good to know - no longer working what with having luca and was only ever off for a week sick so in the long run filling in the claim forms would probably have been more hassle than its worth anyway !!!

dani
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanks for your replies guys - I will try to find out more information before I work out what to do next I wouldn't want anybody to get into trouble for no reason!!

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Why are you considering shopping them?
Hi Luckystar, if they are committing fraud then I would report them as I was brought up with strong beliefs when it comes to money & honesty (as I'm sure most of us were ). And I suppose if I'm totally honest it riles me to think that they are getting away with paying the minimum for their debts when they are quite clearly they are bringing in a LOT more money.

This couple have a long history of trying to get something for nothing & they are quite open that they only got their mortgage because they stretched the truth (this has now bitten them on the bum) because they now they cannot remortgage to debt consolidate because they show the tax man that she earns very little (common practice I have been told )
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-05-2008, 07:59 AM
are these people your friends? if so why dont you just ask them? you seem to know enough about them and they obviously confide in you. wouldnt you feel a little bit guilty about doing that to them? and if theyre not commiting fraud would it not ruin your friendship if they wearnt? and you mis-trusted them?
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Hi Nicky

Since you don't have any 1st hand knowledge of these people's finances, I would leave it well alone.

Cheers
Lene
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
Hi Nicky

Since you don't have any 1st hand knowledge of these people's finances, I would leave it well alone.
I agree.

Firstly you say they 'could' earn anything 'upto' £400 ! That doesnt mean they ARE earning anywhere near that, it's something you just don't know.

Plus I could give you a list of about 300 people locally alone that stretched the truth to get a mortgage. It's common practise in the industry, since the last 10 years have been terrible for some people to get on the ladder. It doesnt mean they are criminals.

In this day and age 10K debt isn't a lot, it's easily done, and considering they have done the responsible thing and sought an IVA suggests they are doing things 'by the book'. Many people would move/change details/close accounts/ignore debtors etc to 'avoid' debts as apposed to trying to settle them.

Plus even when someone is signed off by a Doctor, doesnt mean they have to take the advice, and indeed claim for it ! and as you can't be certain that they are indeed claiming anything, I would leave well alone, as you could cause problems which in fact arent even there.
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lene View Post
Hi Nicky

Cheers
Lene
Best response so far!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree with |Lene and Chris Collins
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-05-2008, 12:37 PM
If she is self employed and the doctor has signed her off sick for 2wks..who is paying her sick pay???

If she/he is on incapacity benefit, and working to increase her income, then this is fraud....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2