Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 08:17 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 9th January, 2021

Good Morning all. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well.

Have a good day, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 08:35 AM
Morning
No snow here overnight...guess that's our lot had until winter.
Workman is supposed to be coming back today...if he can get the stuff for the job, he is going to bl**dy freeze!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 10:00 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kelly and all who follow

Hope the workmen turn up and get the job finished Kelly.

Cold and very misty this morning. Woke up late this morning for me but have still had a good walk and only met two people also with dogs.

Ben has sold his house in London Had a flurry of offers this week and after all checks on those offered went ahead yesterday and accepted the best one (so Chris keeping my fingers crossed for your flat.) Now waiting to see if an offer he has made on a house down here is accepted and then it is all systems go.

Hope all are well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
No snow here either, but hard frost and fog.

Michael sent pictures Madrid has a lot of snow they have apparently not seen this much snow since 1971.

Had some sad news today a school friend of ours lost both his parents to covid last week.. Getting a bit close to home now. Also Peter Gills husband rang yesterday a neighbour of theirs back in Essex and someone we also knew from our days living in Brentwood has died of covid. Trevor's parents were such lovely people we spent many a happy hour with them when teenagers and waiting for Trevor.
Also very worrying Mark has said there is a colleague in their Norwich store who has covid and 2 in the Thetford store, one of the lads in the Thetford store is on a ventilator and when Mark calls him a lad I guess he is a youngish fella.
Lauren's friend has it to.
Her mum works in the care of elderly and thankfully her latest test after a client tested positive has come back negative but apparently 3 clients have died this week, not sure if her clients and whether she will need another test.

We may start on the boxes in the loft today.
So please everyone keep safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2021, 10:11 AM
Great news Sue.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Good morning/afternoon all

Heavy frost here, but lovely sunshine.

Lynn, it's terrifying amount of people who are suffering from this virus there are out there. Truly terrifying. I hope this vaccine is rolled out ultra quickly

Took Gary's shopping up so he's sorted and now it's a late breakfast and relax
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Awwwww, Lynn, I am sorry. There's people who still believe it's made up! I fear for their mental well being if they think a world who don't generally get along would all conspire together
The workmen have finished!!!!!! I looooooove it!!!! Can't post a photo as photobucket says I have too many photos...how dare they lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2021, 04:22 PM
I know Chris and griff frightening.
If anyone dares to tell me this is a conspiracy theory I will have to walk away I cannot be bothered with getting angry with idiots especially when we it is so close to us deaths and the worry.
I mean none of the world leaders are clever enough or not to make this up and bring the world economy to it's knees and so many lives lost just to control us.

Glad Gary's shopping is sorted Chris, glad the house is finished griff it looks lovely.
We have done about 1/2 dozen boxes from the loft one had a case of my sister's Angela the one who got killed in an accident in 1960. Have just been through her letters and looked at her lipsticks and face creams all still in the case. Also a tin with stuff of mum and dad's so a bit of a tearful reminiscing afternoon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Awwwww Lynn, I hope it bought back happy memories for you
Thanks....I am really happy with the house, it is bright and cheerful and stands out against the other houses
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Glad you're happy with it.
It brought back memories of the people I was only 2 when Angela died. I love looking at her stuff though and it was lovely to read her letters from her friends especially those from the first time she got knocked down and broke her arm. 3 months later she was hit by a speeding van again and killed. First van didn't stop when her arm was broken from what I can gather from letters written to her wishing her well.
Found mum and dads expenses from when they bought the house I grew up from 2 years old, old photos of dad and paper clippings of various things regards him, plus a photo and a write up about my Nan and granddad dads parents on their 50th wedding anniversary.
I have lots of other bits around to in various places.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >