Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2015, 12:04 AM

Kindness in the park

Sunday afternoon in the park, was just leaving after our walk when I noticed a group of people crouching by two dogs near the entrance. I put Poppy in the car and went back to see thinking maybe one was a stray and I had a spare lead in the car. Turns out these two dogs belonged to this one guy and one of the dogs had got the metal part of the lead (the bit you push to clip on to ring of collar) embedded in her paw pad. The other people were a guy with a young girl with bikes, and a lady with a young boy. The lady was on her mobile talking to an emergency vet. Once an emergency vet nearby had been established as being open the man with the girl left taking their bikes and were coming back in his car to help owner take the dog to the Vet. The owner said he lived just 2 mins away so we suggested he take his other dog home while we waited with the injured one which he did. The injured dog was quite beautiful, so gentle and well behaved, she sat with us quite calmly whilst we waited for owner and the chap with car to return. In this time I learnt the man with the dogs wasn't the owner but they were his parents dogs. In fact the woman told me he'd been quite sharp with his dogs. I did notice however he had some kind of disability. Maybe mild cerebral palsy. Anyway chap comes back with car but no owner. I couldn't stay any longer, I could hear Poppy barking in my car. As I left park I saw the guy coming down the road and they (the man with car) gently carried the dog out of park to his car. I can only assume the outcome was fine. Those people didn't have dogs with them and they put themselves out without hesitation. Obviously I would have acted if I'd been first on the scene but it was nice to see this kindness.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-04-2015, 12:28 AM
What a lovely heart warming story.

Nice to know there are good decent people out there (members of this forum not with standing of course).
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2015, 03:14 AM
I know that for a fact with many customers and people in general. We live tri-state NY, NJ, CT...the stereotype of being able to walk past screaming crazies on the street with zero reaction. But really if you're needing real help, people will come to the rescue absolutely...n' G-d bless them all.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2015, 02:05 PM
Ouch,poor dog but lovely of everyone to help