Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2010, 08:33 PM

Fireworks have been going off since 11am this morning

crazy isn't it? 11am?! what's the point?
there still going strong now and I'm sure they will be until the early hours.

so thank god that Dutch doesn't seem bothered at all!
I was so worried he might be scared but not even close. There was a massive rocket that went off when I took him out for a wee earlier, it was so loud it made me jump! but Dutch didn't even bat an eyelid, had a wee and trotted back inside...

I do sympathise with all of you with dogs that don't like fireworks, my nan used to have a staffie that was petrified and he insisted on sitting on your knee, he used to shake and it was horrible to see him like that.

well it starts now and won't end until January.
personally I could live without them...

big hugs and basset kisses to all the doggies that are having a horrible night tonight xxxx
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Sadie thanks you for the hugs and basset kisses...she's just now settled down and gne to sleep, they've been going off since 3pm..it is ridiculous, she's only managed to get one walk today, we were decorating this morning so they had 20 minutes ball playing on our huge garden , then a 40 minute walk/run around the lakes and they usually get three a day. she hasnt been to the toilet since 4pm

poor dog, thank god the other two are ok, well Louie - Benjie just barks at tehm
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Started around 3 here too, they are going off mad now, some of the bangs really rock the house, they sound so near and really load.
luckily our lot are asleep, infact we have seen dozens of rats running about squeaking, I think the noise has disturbed them, Skye and Tess have been in and out chasing them round the garden Skye was scratching to get under the fence into next doors earlier with great determination she is getting really annoyed with them now.
Our cats want to go out but I won't let them (they need the loo) but its too risky so they will have to learn to use the tray I have put down.....which they are looking at in disgust