View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

23-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Glad the new treatment seems to be working H - hope it continues to! Well done to Isochick too - *hugs* to you both.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Sending a hug and positive thoughts (x)
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Good luck with the transplant. Hope you have a great christmas when you get home.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Thanks you two
Am now bald (ok, I have fuzz), and half-way through my hospital stay for this last chemo.
Should be out sometimes x-mas eve late afternoon/early evening!

Very bloated as i'm on massive bags of sodium chloride and potattium 24/7, aswell as the bags of chemo- very uncomfortable!

I've been rather depressed this week, as not only is it mine and OHs first christmas together, and we're apart this week....today (Wednesday) is 15 years since my Dad died of cancer. He was also a patient at this hospital (didn't die here though) - but doesn't help the depression!

Ahh well, home to my lovely family for Christmas
Chin up Hevvur keep thinking about going home.
You are such an inspiration, when my bad knee hurts I say to myself 'stop fussing about small things, Hevvur copes with much worse' .

Have a lovely Christmas Hevvur (hugs) xx,
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks again everyone, thanks Mini
It's nice to log on and have something to read!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Fabulous news that the new Chemo is working...Love the pic..
Mum is at hospital just now getting her new chemo..she's on about her 8th "new" chemo over the space of 2years..(thankful its today, last yr it was xmas eve)..

Keep thinking about going home...spending it with your OH and all the others to come..

Merry Xmas when it comes...I am sure there will be more funky PJ's to share too xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm so pleased that the chemo is working, after everything you have been through to get treatment its only right that things should be going your way for a change. Well done to Shelley too, that has got to be sisterly love for you.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and that the new year brings positive news all round xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Pleased the new chemo is working. Soon be time to go home. Have a good Christmas and I hope the New Year brings you positive news.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Lots of (((hugs))).
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone, well I got out on Christmas eve, and managed to enjoy Christmas, even though I have been tired for the past 2 weeks!

I had a hospital appointment yesterday, and Isochick has one on 11th.
If everything goes ok for her on 11th, then i'm looking to be admitted for my transplant on 19th January.

The first week inside is unrestricted - I will be having chemotherapy - part of which is an immunosuppressant to kill off my immune system.
So even though I will be having chemo, I can walk around the hospital, visit the shop etc.

From the day I have Shelleys stem cells I will be in isolation in a special filtered room. Visitors will have to wash their hands and put an apron on, in a little room before they enter my room.

Anything coming into my room will come through a special hatch, and also things going out of the room will too.

I will also be on a restricted diet. And obviously I won't be allowed out of my room for a minimum of 3 weeks from having Shelleys cells.
Getting out will depend on my recovery and how well I am.
I will be updating my blog as often as I can when I am in.

I can have my laptop, and there is a nice flat screen, freeview and a DVD player in the room.

Unfortunately I will be 'celebrating' my birthday in there too!
Page 54 of 70 « First < 4 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 > Last »