View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2012, 12:02 PM
No , purely because my boyfriend is allergic and wouldn't be fair on him. Also with having one dog with a double coat the amount of hair puts me right off, as much as I love a cuddle at night waking up with dog hair coating every inch of me and sticking out of my mouth is not my idea of fun

The two mutts sleep on my parents bed at their house and my little one sleeps in her crate in the front room
biggreys
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes! I have 4dogs. The basset sleeps with me under covers and Rosie greyhound on bottom of my bed. Lucy gsd x sleeps in bed with oh and lana greyhound on her sofa in oh room. (Dont share room with oh, he snores n i have insomnia n fidgit all nite)
LoobyLou663
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I dont think any dog would appreciate sleeping on my bed, i fidget all night turning over and moving all over the bed, pulling the covers on me, then throwing them off lol so i think i would get on the dogs nerves.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2012, 06:49 PM
nope , i cant even get on the sofa.
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I used to have my Irish Wolfhound in the bed with me sometimes, but that was after she was grown up and used to NOT being in the bed.
Now that we are getting a puppy, we'll do the same thing. He can gradually come up onto the sofa and the bed after some period of time. It purely because I don't want him to get a habit of ALWAYS being on the sofa or the bed, and with a large breed it's important that they are ok with being told to leave the sofa/bed if I want them to or need them to But yeah, it's definitely a cosy aspect of having a dog and I do enjoy having them close if they want to be.
theo&milly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Definitely not for me either - Theo decided to sleep downstairs in his own room rather than squidge in with us. So he gets all the room down there and OH, me and the cat negotiate the bed space.
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2012, 12:56 PM
YES!!! I love having my animals sleep with me, and when our guy gets older, he'll have that option too
dog collar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes I would always have min sleep in their own bed!!

Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
Dog sleeping in the Bed? Yes? or No?

what are your views on Dogs sleeping in the bed with you?

i thought at first it was OK, i had roggie in bed with me a couple of times only! Then he went into his playpen and life was easier & he preferred it!

i was watching TV the other day & this lady had a dog for years never hurt anyone, he was asleep in bed with her and they said he must have had a bad dream as dogs dream the same way as us, he woke up and literally bit off her nose biting her face

when the dog realized it was his owner he run off, the dog was put to sleep after. she has had to have lots of plastic surgery as well.

after seeing that i would never ever had a dog in the bed with me, they are right they are animals at the end of the day. from now on my dogs will always sleep downstairs in their own place, and never near or in my bed!
XoloLover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 08:59 AM
personally, I will say no. I used to let my boston terrier sleep on the bed but he is very balanced and nice and small... however I know he prefers his crate, as does my Xolo boy, who incidentally is FAR too big to sleep on the bed XD
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:06 AM
my older dog Tiger who was (Stupidly) bred from a nervous mother & aggressive father so is a rather highly strung sometimes nervous & aggressive terrier used to sleep in bed with me & it did seem to really help calm her down. she was much calmer whilst in my bed even if their were noises she didn't like such as someone knocking on the door.unfortunately as she's got older she seems to have forgotten that if she's too hot she needs to get herself out of bed so I daren't let her sleep in my bed now when I'm going to sleep because I'm afraid she will overheat. My younger dog Poppy is in my bed right now, her sleeping in my bed helps me because it seems I don't move around as much in my sleep when she's in bed so I wake with less pain than if she hasn't been in bed. Since 9 years old I've had dogs sleep on or in my bed & the worst thing that has happened is my first terrier used to bite my feet if I moved them when she was laid on them but never bad enough to hurt, she just didn't seem to understand it was my feet not bed monsters! I do think it's important though to teach dogs a command to get off the bed/sofa/chair & make sure to enforce it as in don't let them get away with ignoring your command then they are less likely to start resource guarding. my youngest dog spends a lot of time on or in my bed but if I tell her to get in her bed she will go & get in her own bed. I taught her to do this by making her bed more attractive to her which for poppy meant putting some yummy treats in there. she soon learnt to go in there on command & now she only sometimes gets a treat thrown into her bed after she's got into it
Page 42 of 45 « First < 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 >