Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Evening All,
Lovely day here - stunning sunshine so I spent a whole pile of the day reading Wilbur Smith sat on a chair in the orchard with the chickens running round and the dogs lay under the trees asleep most of the time.
There should be more days like that! lol !
Glad you Cpractor was able to shed a bit of light on the goings on for you June, hope that's the last of it.
Griff - I'd like a couple of those polishing dogs as well - they won't want paying at the end of the working week - just a bowl of food a day! lol !
Good to see that the day has been a decent one for folks and that all four footed friends are behaving theirselves.
Back in a bit, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Wow LG, that sounds like a wonderful day....how lovely. I could do with a day like that
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Yeah sounds so peaceful with the chicks clucking about and dogs fast asleep in the sun, well done LG, its nice to shut down for a complete day and read a favourite book, which one was it.
Brenda, thank you. No idea what you've bought me, but its lovely of you
Griff, have a lie in, its nice to suit yourself and relax. Glad training went well, and LG sees the benefits of a dog that polishes as well
Watered the garden,going to check on girls who are laid flat out. Very warm here, there was supposed to be a storm today, first of all late afternoon, then it changed to early afternoon, but nothing happened
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2016, 10:14 PM
June - The book was "Golden Lion" published in 2015 says on the dust cover, Wilbur Smith with Giles Kristian. The Mem bought it for me at Christmas and I have kept it to one side for just such an opportunity when I could sit back in the sunshine and really relish it. It is one of the Captain Henry "Hal" Courtney ones and his ship the Golden Bough.
I would presume (although I'm not entirely sure) that the Giles Kristian chap is helping with the nuts and bolts of the book as Smith is fairly pushing on in years, as we discussed before.
I too have not long ago had a watering can in my hand going round my Atlantic Giant babies (Pumpkins) - they are currently about 9inches high and have only been planted out 4 days, so will be carefully cossetted until they get a good hold.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I will try TW...I just have so much on my mind.....not too happy at the moment
Will have to have a look at Wilbur smith...sounds interesting
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2016, 11:30 PM
I've seen that one LG but not bought it as its a Courtney book, ages since I read one, seems to have been his Egyptian series that he's been writing more recently. If its any good though I'll buy it, hope I can remember the plot that's all
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4