View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 08:05 PM
I had Liam at 20, and I know my mum would not have gone with me either, and Liam is 25 now can't imagine him ringing me and asking me to go with him for a telling off- don't think he'd tell me in first place cos he'd know what he'd get
I can remember when he was going skiing with school and there was a meeting at school to go through everything and the teacher was telling them & us that if any pupils were caught with alcohol / causing trouble they'd be ringing parents to come fetch them ( they were going to Austria) Luam just turned to Sam, his best friend and said "if they ring mum, I best run other direction ' I just thought that summed it up bout right esp as Sam said 'I agree' ( he calls me mum 2 ) I just laughed and said 'true'
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Evening all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynn, very pleased to hear that the place is "sick" and a good time will be had by all
TW, i do hope that the right people end up with the blame and not innocent dogs getting blamed
Not be buried or tiled in...........yet!!! because......... he has done nothing!!!! he took my mum for a blood test this morning, then shopping, then i went to the Drs and when i got back i forgot we had to ftch the cat food so went and got that and whilst we were there we went to homebase for some rubber buckets and came back so he decided we were doing.....nothing Lol he has just come out with can we plaster directly onto plasterboard? so he is now thinking of boarding the walls out which is what i suggested months ago
Sounds about right Griff, bet he doesn't acknowledge it was your idea
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Dead right Mandy, imagine still being tied to your parents apron strings at that age, and what sort of teachers will they make, no experience of life or how to take responsibility for their actions.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 08:42 PM
wow, at that age i had left home, moved round the country, been a step mum to 3 kids and been involved with a fair bit of bother plus managed to ruin my life Lol....mummy was not there to hold my hand
Brenda, very pleased you both arrived safely and glad dinner is sorted for sunday!!
1cutedog, i hope you don't freeze to death, you are right, good job it is nearly summer Lol
Hmmm well if he doesn't do anything he will be forking out for the workmen Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I bet thats what happens as well,Griff
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Dead right Mandy, imagine still being tied to your parents apron strings at that age, and what sort of teachers will they make, no experience of life or how to take responsibility for their actions.
Agree, I never realised we were talking about people at a teacher training college, they are not kids, well one hopes not

Haven't done that PM to you yet because have had terrible problems with our BT modem tonight and I might get cut off at any minute

Will try tomorrow, if the modem holds up until I send this I will be happy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 09:29 PM
They may as well be 12 year olds if they are still wanting mum and dad there, if they go for an interview will they take their parents with them.Could you imagine interviewing someone for any sort of position in your company and their mum and dad walking in as well. The mind boggles Would you employ them, I would bin their application straight away and forget about them, whatever their qualifications, the school of life has never opened its doors to them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 09:36 PM
The only time I would welcome someone bringing their parents would be if they had some form of disability and needed help...I would expect the parents to keep their gob shut or if the person had a mental illness where what was likely to be said would deeply affect them, other than that.....a big dose of man the hell up!!! I really do despair of society, mind, that said...my cousin is 21 and compare her to me at that age...no comparison.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Laughing at the students, 24 and 25/26 needing their parents with them, unbelievable. My son would have done something like that on his own at 12 and would have been annoyed if I'd wanted to interfere.

Got my fleece jammies and dressing gown on so now toasty warm and heating turned down a bit. Going to leave it on overnight so I don't get up to a freezing house. I must have too much money
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Evening All - This students thing is incredible, would be dreadfully sad if it wasn't so absolutely ridiculous. Just how much help to their offspring do these deluded people think they are being?
Oh! 1cd what a life of hedonistic self indulgence you do lead! lol ! If as you say - you have too much of the filthy leuchre, just pop it in an envelope and address it to me (courtesy of "Keep my Cash.comm") all sums gratefully received.
If proof were needed of my penurious state just ask TW - I'm often to be found knocking on her door for a borrow to see me through to pension day!
The thought that you have made a poor old man very happy will warm you more thoroughly than any radiator could! LOL !
Well folks - please excuse my short post - I am quite cream crackered again tonight and so must away to my chamber.
Goodnight all - see you tomorrow, G.
Page 5 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »