register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Wonder if your dad will make it home tonight, or if decides its all too much to even think about and becomes a Missing Person
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Lol, he is off today, he has taken my mum for a blood test, then they are going shopping and then i am of to the Doctors...not sure if he will get started today, perhaps better to take this day off, sit and plan it all out? he has refused to discuss any of it so now it is all a rush, only been in the planning for a year!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He will need it he has meeting today with naughty students who wait for it are taking parents with them.
OMG Lynn who on earth thinks that is a good idea

There was a time when parents would discipline their child if he / she did anything obviously wrong.

But now we have 'uman rights and a media obsessed with stirring up trouble and parents who think that no one can discipline their offspring, whatever they've done it's not his / her fault. My thoughts and admiration go out to Gordon.

One thing I know is that I could never be a teacher and sure as hell couldn't sit in a room with one or two parents in complete denial about their chavy brats behaviour.

I would suggest that it's his favorite meal on the menu tonight, a couple of glasses of nice wine, soft music, and.............well you can guess the rest
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
only been in the planning for a year!!!
That's not long, they were planning the Eurotunnel for six decades of course it may have been better if they were still at the planning stage especially after June 23rd. Still undecided how / if I will vote.

ETA:-
Hope to be back this evening but have to go now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Wow, seriously, they are grown adults and taking mummy and daddy to stick up for them...... OMG...wish i had thought of that when i was in the office at school or the gaffers office at work, the lads would have howled if i turned up with mummy to hold my hand, i think it is so sad that they behave like that and that the parents behave like that too...my parents would have just told me to man up and take what was coming...if i was getting picked on by a teacher (as did happen on a couple of occassions) that was different
Lol Harvey you old romantic you....nobody has ever treated me ike that...sobs quietly Lol
Yes you are right, maybe we should have given him a bit longer, i think he was just mouthing off saying he could do it and then we called his bluff Lol now he has to do it, this next 10 days are going to be hell Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 11:17 AM
Sue thank you I am fine getting over my anger and frustration now re: the car.
Harvey and griff these are not school students these are teacher training students. We are both so glad we no longer have the responsibility of putting our children through school.
I would be home schooling them but it would be more about life as I think life learning is invaluable. The rest they would have to wait for dad to come home.

Wine and something nice to eat definitely Harvey.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Ahh Griff don't be to hard on your dad lol
A wee rant do wish fishermen would be more careful where they discard line /hooks just picked up 3large hooks & a great bundle of line
We have ducks & 2 resident geese would hate to see them intangled kids &idogs getting big muckle hooks embedded in feet /paws
Putting off the inevitable cleaning the oven then must clear up the spare room as it's become a dumping ground another coffee then must get cracking
Take care all
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Good day all - hope Brenda got to her destination and has a lovely holiday.Long weekends will hopefully be enjoyed and tiling and the planning of bathrooms trouble free and not involve patricide.
Norma - that discarded fishing equipment is an absolute scourge of the waterways. Several years ago I picked up a heron that had hung itself courtesy of some discarded pike tackle and since have had to catch a gander and remove a hook from the side of it's beak. Gander made a complete recovery but of course it was too late for the heron.
I am called - have a good day everyone - will be back tonight, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2016, 11:47 AM
Do worry here about discarded fishing line etc., So far have been lucky and apart form a swan on our river being shot with a crossbow nothing to do with the fishermen our duck, heron and geese seem to be surviving without incident.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Lynn LG
There's a small trout fish farm on the loch which attracts fishermen (the genuine ones not the ones who come for a weekend piss up)
No objections to them enjoying thier sport just to take more care
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »