Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Just a word from a diabetic human

Healthy urine should very pale yellow without any smell(no I don't sniff pee)

KC my Cavalier with a bad heart is on water tablets & since going on them he is peeing more but it is all very pale & healthy
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Just a word from a diabetic human

Healthy urine should very pale yellow without any smell(no I don't sniff pee)

KC my Cavalier with a bad heart is on water tablets & since going on them he is peeing more but it is all very pale & healthy
Thanks for your reply, can I ask, does a diabetic have blood in their urine?, On Mon the vet said his sugars were fine......but I know that was early days.....just have to wait for verdict tonight.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:24 AM
No any blood in urine iasn't normal but can be a sign of something fairly simple like Cystitis
Glimmering Winter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Send healing vibes and positive thoughts to you and Ben.

Really hope it all goes well at the vets

*hugs*
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Don't know if I am meant to somehow link this to last thread or not but sure admin can help if I am??

Well just back from vets and I have to say I have stopped feeling quite as sick, and have stopped shaking.

Ben's Urine dip stick test was much better tonight....absolutely no blood in the urine now, that means it has gone from Off the scale for blood content to totally none!!

There is still protein in his urine but that reading has reduced aswell, it is still a bit on the weak side according to dipstick, but sugars and liver functions are totally normal.

Vet gave him another antibiotic injection and I have to continue with the macrocyl. He also took blood sample to test for kidney function and I have just phoned and am happy to say that all readings are fine, vet is perfectly happy.

Ben is still refusing to eat dried food and is still drinking and widdling for britain, but at least I know its not diabetes nor kidney failure nor liver failure.

I am now off work on hols and am going to open a well deserved bottle of wine.

Tahnk you to everyone who gave advice and best wishes on the related last thread about ben weeing too much and trembling. It is greta to have so many people who really understand the worry your dog can put you through. Its great to share these things so thank you all.

:smt049
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:00 PM
aww this is brilliant news for you and for ben give him and yourself loads of hugs from me and the boys
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Rhars excellent news i have been watching this thread with nothing more to add but still praying for your baby, glad he is on the mend and it is good long term news xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks Bluemerle lover and mutthouse I am just SO relieved ( I'd like to say you wouldnt believe HOW relieved......but I know you would know exactly!!!! )
x
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 06:13 PM
you can breath again now glad its nothing nasty..........
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Great news, glad he's on his way to being well
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >