Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:42 AM

Buzz to the RSPCA

I am such a failure I had to rehome Buzz, because of his aggression and constant barking... I didn't have what it takes...

I couldn't just put him in the paper, so I decided on the RSPCA... I gave them all the information I had on him, and initially they wanted to put him down... but.. then he met a couple of females, who knew how to approach strange dogs, and they took him in...

They told me he'd go home with the Vet, as she had just lost her dog, and they'd try and get him desensitized to men...

I also paid an extra 10 bucks for them to notify me if they were going to put him down.

They also said they'd contact a breed specific rescue group, and send him there if need be... For the CCR this is in South Australia.

I wish people would give you the facts, instead of selling a dog that could be a potential risk to people..

I miss him so much..
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-06-2008, 06:56 AM
I am such a failure I had to rehome Buzz, because of his aggression and constant barking..
Hi Lene sorry you have had to re home Buzz,it must have been a very difficult decision for you to make

Sometimes things just don't work out, at least you gave it a try and you shouldn't feel a failure . I hope Buzz has found someone who can accommodate his problems and that he will have a long and happy life in his new home .
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:57 AM
o so sorry to read this , who knows may be he will ,get sorted ,these people know just how to approach the situation , dont beat your self up ,you quiet clearly ,gave it your best shot .its such a shame as he ,more than likely hasnt had the best start in life ,and some human let him down in the first place .its just a pity he didnt come to you from puppy. you deff done the best think for the dog .sorry to read this
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:14 AM
So sorry to hear your news. But at least you gave him a go and you have given him another chance. Hopefully with thier experience he will make a great dog. Wishing you all the very best in the future and of course Buzz. xxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:26 AM
At least you tried, and no one can condemn you for that.

Hugs xxxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:42 PM
At the rescue I help at we send dogs out on trial for a week & if its not working have them back. If someome is having issues but wants to go on trying for a while we let them. Only after they are sure its working do we sign the dog off & take the donation. Only puppies are rehomed with no trial period. Don't feel a failure.Better part with him now where he can be hlped than him have to be put down in future Know what you can & can't cope with, do more study & then when you feel you are ready chose a dog with your head as well as your heart.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:58 PM
You have done what you feel is best....sorry it didn't work out .
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:05 PM
So sorry but you have done all you can, better he finds a home where they know how to work with him than you starting to resent him. xx