Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 12:32 AM

Foster needed for beautiful Treacle

A while ago now we pulled a lovely little staffy girl from the pound before she was going to be put to sleep. She's such a sweet little thing, but she's one of them brown ones! The ones that just keep getting overlooked when people come to pick up their rescue dogs, then a month ago my neighbourssaid they'd love to look after her and she went into foster with them.. But now my neighbour has had a slip and a fall and he can't look after her any more so poor little treacle is looking for another foster family.

Could you spare a little room on te couch for a little brindle staffy? She doesn't like other dogs much, but she might come round to sharing with a boy and she likes cats a bit too much!

She's obviously had a pretty rough start to life, she's only a baby (2 maybe), but she looks like she's had puppies and sometimes she gets scared for no reason at all and thinks you're going to hit her

Treacle is currently in Colchester, but she could travel if there was just the right home... If you think you could offer a foster (or forever) home, please get in touch.

magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Is there no one with a little sofa space for a desperate little girl? She's beautiful inside and out! She's not keen on cats and some horrid person has taught her to shout at other dogs ... Poor thugs been hurt in the past, she'll break your heart!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Pics? not that looks count but seeing her pic might melt someones heart???
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2013, 01:34 PM
I've got the sofa space... the problem is, I also have two cats (and a male dog).

When you say she's not keen on cats, what is it that she actually does when she sees one?

ETA: I take it she has now been spayed?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 05:36 PM

I seem to be having trouble with my photo uploads.. lets see if this works?
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 05:44 PM
She is just over excited to see other animals.. I have a video of her with a cat, but it's too long for flickr and I cant seem to edit it at the moment.. She play bows and whines and bounces at them, but then if not able to get to them she reverts to her learned 'aggressive' behaviour..

With other dogs, if you see her on a walk, you'd think she was a monster, but when she has been introduced and walked with other dogs, she just seems to have very bad dog social skills... she would need some experienced training, but I wouldn't rule it out for an experienced rehabilitation home!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2013, 03:24 PM
She is a little beauty.

I've given this a lot of thought, but unfortunately I don't think we can foster her because we have to think of the wellbeing of the cats.

We've only had them a couple of months, and they are still finding their feet with Guinness (who pretty much ignores them apart from the odd sniff). At this stage, I don't think they would cope well with a dog who is extremely interested in them.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 09:22 PM
That's ok, thanks for thinking of her, but your existing fubabys have to come first
misskatie20
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2013, 05:27 PM
This makes me so sad, she looks a lot like my kaya. Hope she finds a hone soon x
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Fingers crossed, Treacle goes to her new foster home in the morning! Good luck little wiggler!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >