Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Aw poor lad, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of it tomorrow.
Make sure you keep us up to date
Thank you Jenny and ofcourse I will keep everyone up to date xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:18 PM
I am sorry to read this, you must be so worried ((hugs)). Presumably he is still drinking plenty of water. Hopefully the results will reveal the problem and it can be sorted quickly. I know Gardia (an intestinal parasite) can cause weight loss and diarrhoea, is rarely life-threatening and can be treated with antibiotics. It's the same parasite that gives humans 'deli-belly'.

Good luck and everything crossed that whatever is causing it your lad is back to full health quickly.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
I am sorry to read this, you must be so worried ((hugs)). Presumably he is still drinking plenty of water. Hopefully the results will reveal the problem and it can be sorted quickly. I know Gardia (an intestinal parasite) can cause weight loss and diarrhoea, is rarely life-threatening and can be treated with antibiotics. It's the same parasite that gives humans 'deli-belly'.

Good luck and everything crossed that whatever is causing it your lad is back to full health quickly.
Thank you Jenny.. have looked all over the internet and have seen Gardia too... the problem is reading all these things makes you worry even more as you think the worst..
he is drinking plenty and really eating a lot but only giving him rice, pasta and chicken at the moment...

Just hope we will get him well soon..

xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Oh how worrying for you - let's hope that you get some answers tomorrow. Lots and lots of luck being sent your way.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 09:51 PM
So sorry to hear that your poor boy is so unwell, but it sounds as if you are doing all the right things while waiting for the results of the tests. I do hope the tests give a clear diagnosis so that you can start treatment to get him back on an even keel again. Please give him a gentle hug from me.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh how worrying for you - let's hope that you get some answers tomorrow. Lots and lots of luck being sent your way.
Thank you Sally.. hope it is not too bad x
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
So sorry to hear that your poor boy is so unwell, but it sounds as if you are doing all the right things while waiting for the results of the tests. I do hope the tests give a clear diagnosis so that you can start treatment to get him back on an even keel again. Please give him a gentle hug from me.
Thank you Susannah, I am so worried as he just keeps losing weight and can't shift the diarrhea..
fingers crossed he'll be back to his "ole self" soon..
Giving him lots of hugs xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
My poor boy of 18 months is feeling very unwell and I am very worried about him. he has had diarrhea for over a week now and losing weight rapidly. have been to the vet and waiting for the results of blood test and poo test.. I am giving him rice and chicken a few times a day and he is wolfing it down but stil horrible smelly yellow poo and can see his ribs and hip bones now.. not sure what else I can do.. dreading the results tomorrow but hopefully the news won't be too bad and we can have hime treated and he will be on the way to a quick recovery.. Anyone had this as well with their doggies??

Without reading through this thread, my immediate thought is giardia.

Do you live or walk your dogs on or near arable fields that are fertilised with human sewage sludge, euphamistically known as biosolids?

I will read through this thread when I have time, but I am at work and my lunch break has ended!
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Without reading through this thread, my immediate thought is giardia.

Do you live or walk your dogs on or near arable fields that are fertilised with human sewage sludge, euphamistically known as biosolids?

I will read through this thread when I have time, but I am at work and my lunch break has ended!
Hi Nikki, thank you for that... no we live in Spain and the terrain where we walk them is barren.. just rabbits etc.. had result back from the blood test where it shows an infection but still waiting for poo results back.. in the meantime he is eating like a horse ( only pasta, rice and chicken ).. and runs and barks but also has his moments of shivering and lethargic... hopefully full report soon...
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 08:05 AM
Well , blood test results are back and shows an inflamed liver.. can't do anything yet until we get the results from the poo test back though... still having big lumps of now yellow/orange diarrhea so looks like the food is going straight through him.. also shivering a bit but there again it is cold outside with a nippy wind.. he is happy most of the time and barks and comes on his walks but just lost so much weight, he must be getting weak.. hopefully more news today so we can start with getting him back to full health....
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »