Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I have changed it there - it's made no difference whatsoever.....

It's a real b*gger, isn't it?

Thanks for helping Jade x
Peter** haha Jades the dog lol. yea its bad alright, don't know much about sky so I dunno what else to suggest
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Peter, it's really nice you've been trying to help out Vicki, and also nice that you've stuck with it.

But don't you think MS would gain a lot more support (and business) if they bothered to explain things better.

From your quote above it seems there are certain things you can only do by going into their web site and from what you've said I gather that the e-mail thing is just a program on my PC.

Purley as a matter of interest why would I want to go on their website I don't have the time (or the inclination) to go looking on sites which I don't need, they send me software updates when I go through the shutdown procedure, that's all I need.

If I was your age, and into computers and all that good stuff then I may well be on the MS site every day but sadly I'll never be your age again and even 'tho I only work part time I seem to find I never have enough time in the day to do what I want to do
I think the reason they have most of the options on the hotmail/live site is because its easier for them to put em in one place, i use email on the blackberry and the desktop software, but only way to access the bulk of the options is on website, so they don't have to build more technology to make it easier for us...

on another note, I hate all microsoft sites including windows vista and 7 etc so you wont hear me praising them...
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Vicki, if you are just trying to change your signature...

You should have some tabs near the top, "home", "folders", "view" and "accounts". To the left of these is a little square icon with a drop down arrow. Click that, and then click options and then mail. You should now see a tab with "signatures" on it. You should now be able to change it, or create a new one.

HTH
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by jade the sbt View Post
on another note, I hate all microsoft sites including windows vista and 7 etc so you wont hear me praising them...
From an 'outsiders' point of view they just seem to be going backwards
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
Vicki, if you are just trying to change your signature...

You should have some tabs near the top, "home", "folders", "view" and "accounts". To the left of these is a little square icon with a drop down arrow. Click that, and then click options and then mail. You should now see a tab with "signatures" on it. You should now be able to change it, or create a new one.

HTH
Do you mean in my mail program hon?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Yes, in Windows mail.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post