Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-12-2011, 10:31 PM

Windows 7 and IE9 is this progress?????

Can someone tell me why it's no longer possible to see all the pages you've been looking at from one web site (eg Dogsey)

I can see web browsing history which shows me all the web sites but NOT the pages, on Windows XP and it's associated IE version there was a little 'down' arrow in the top left of the screen, click on that and all the pages you'd been on would be listed.

I can't find ANYWHERE on this new machine where you can do this, I'm going mental here, all the help screens babble on about how wonderful the new IE9 is etc. and completely fail to tell you how to get the basics grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Try Chrome Losos

Or if you don't like that, try www.opera.com (my personal favourite - been using it for about 8 years lol)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Try Chrome Losos

Or if you don't like that, try www.opera.com (my personal favourite - been using it for about 8 years lol)
Thank you Azz, I might well change over but I'm worried about using something new and no support, look what has happened with Explorer and no one in the entire world seems to know the answer.

I found a site which offered to solve all Windows and IE problems, even put up a picture of some guy and said he had 15 years experience etc. etc. then when I posted my question the first thing that came back was a request for £28 and a statement that if I was not entirely satisfied with the answer I would get a refund, of yes, no physical address, no e-mail, no telephone number, just a form where the idiots wanted me to enter my credit card number, I'm really getting fed up with these fraudsters.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2011, 10:55 AM
How about trying Firefox? You will be able to get all the support you might need if you use FF as a browser.

I would not touch IE with a bargepole but am very happy with Firefox.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Azz / Malka thanks for your replies, have calmed down a bit now Have sorted out my home page and OH sorted the minimise thing, that just leaves the pages thing and of course 'New Posts' and 'Todays posts' on here but that has to be down to the new conmputer (Windows 7 / IE9) and I'll just leave it for now.

Thanks again both of you
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Try downloading IE8, it works with Windows 7
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Try downloading IE8, it works with Windows 7
Nooooooooooooooooooo

Yes it works but no he does not need or want IE.

Harvey - FIREFOX!

OK, you can try Chrome or Safari or Opera or whatever, but trust me please? Download Firefox and I promise you that I will talk you through any problems you might have.

And if there is something I cannot sort out then I have a friend who is on the Firefox support team who helps me if necessary ...
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I find it funny (Peculiar, not amusing.) that people often say they can't migrate to a new operating system or web browser even, because they're familiar with Windows and I.E. I think this just goes to show that Windows and IE can change enough to seem totally alien so that argument for not looking into switching all of a sudden seems irrelevant. BTW, it's only going to get a whole lot worse with Windows 8 and it's tablet oriented user interface... If I hadn't made the break years ago, 2012 would seem like a good year to be looking at alternatives. Especially free and open source alternatives. (Azz, I know you'll say Apple alternatives but in all honesty, that requires financial outlay. There are other issues too, but £££ will do for a start.)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Now this is gonna sound like a really stoopid question, but I actually don't know which IE I'm using (how do I know, where does it tell me then?) and I'm on Windows 7 and it works perfectly, and I love Windows 7 so there!!!
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Now this is gonna sound like a really stoopid question, but I actually don't know which IE I'm using (how do I know, where does it tell me then?) and I'm on Windows 7 and it works perfectly, and I love Windows 7 so there!!!

Click ALT+h then click About internet explorer.

I also love Windows 7 and am a fan in IE8
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >