Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:16 AM

Agility with CKCS?

Hi everyone,

As you all know I don't have Icon anymore which has broken my heart, but I'm borrowing a lot of dogs off people for walks etc. Taffy is the main man as he loves long walks, he's a blue merle collie, but a few year s ago he had back problems which rendered him paralysed and in the vets for 6 months - so agility with him is a no go obviously. Tara is 13 and not 100% health wise, so again, a no go. And my brother's dobie, just doesn't listen to anyone but my brother really!

A lot of you may remember that when I was with Adel we got Purdy (Blenheim cav) - I have been spending lots of time with her lately on my days off, and she is a little cracker! Adel is letting me do obedience with her which is fab and when she's old enough I would love to do agility with her.....she's so fast!!!!

Does anyone know of any cavs doing agility, and if so, are they good at it?

Thanks all!
Lorna xxxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I knew someone whith a Cav and she was super - really quick and enthusiastic - personally I can't name a dog that couldn't do agility - that's what so great about it!

At my club there is a chihuahua (sp!) to the collie x - greyhounds plus my setters (and as I have said many times) if a setter can do it any dog can!!!

Go on and get your name down and have some fun
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Hiya.

I do agility with my Cavalier, and at our club there are actually about 5 or 6, including my Jaz.

They absolutely love it, and are very good at it. Jaz isn't particularly speedy, but shes accurate and that's how we'll probably be progressing.

A lot of them are very food orientated, so although food can't be taken into the ring if you get to that stage, they are easily trained and work well with you.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:45 AM
trixybird does agility with the boys

thye seem to love it
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Yep do it with both my boys, and they love it
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Excellent, anything I can be teaching her now whilst she's still young that will help me in the future with her? xx

PS, any pics?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 10:40 AM
General obedience really - a good wait is super and directions left and right are also useful.

Hope you have fun
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Yep, just some basic obedience, a recall is very useful.

As for pictures, this is just in the back garden...

Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2008, 11:01 AM
For agility, I have a tunnel and various pieces of equipment in the garden. However "touch" is a good one to learn in advance. Good luck you will love it
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I think there is no reason why you couldn't do agility with Purdy, I am sure she'd and you'd love it. Hope you both enjoy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >