View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I have been thinking of taking on a rescue- before i lost yoda, but even more so now, as sadie doesnt like beinga lone dog. There is a lovely gsd on manytears, but i dont think i'll bother ringing as it clearly states that dogs wont be rehomed to a house where their is a resident entire dog/bitch. Its rules like that which are off putting as it also states that all dogs will be neutered/spayed before going to new homes, so what would be the problem there? Im sure it puts off a lot of responsible owners that want to help other dogs.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I have been thinking of taking on a rescue- before i lost yoda, but even more so now, as sadie doesnt like beinga lone dog. There is a lovely gsd on manytears, but i dont think i'll bother ringing as it clearly states that dogs wont be rehomed to a house where their is a resident entire dog/bitch. Its rules like that which are off putting as it also states that all dogs will be neutered/spayed before going to new homes, so what would be the problem there? Im sure it puts off a lot of responsible owners that want to help other dogs.

thing is i would still ring and ask and ask why they have that rule if the dog is neutured coming into the home anyway. At least then they have been given the option.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe thanks thats so sweet,

but to be honest, the way kcjack spat at me this morning,.....well if thats the type of person im going to be up against {being as shes at the fore-front of a rescue} its kinda put me off...
Please don't take this person as typical, I would have a a ride out & visit some local rescues to see what they have in their care & have a chat face to face.

Obviously there is so much ignorance about Rotties & breeders doing the rounds, not all breeders churn out puppies year after year & 99.999999999% of Rotties I have met have been right sloppy pupsters
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi I may be stating the obvious here but what about the homeless dogs on Dogsey pages Shona - you are a very experienced dog owner, surely this would go in your favour. You could offer a great home to a homeless dog. Good luck x
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:08 PM
If you cant take critique Shona you shouldnt dish it now maybe move on good luck with your new rescue cant wait to see it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Hi I may be stating the obvious here but what about the homeless dogs on Dogsey pages Shona - you are a very experienced dog owner, surely this would go in your favour. You could offer a great home to a homeless dog. Good luck x
I did post an intrest in one dog, but I dont think they re-home so far away,.

Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
If you cant take critique Shona you shouldnt dish it now maybe move on good luck with your new rescue cant wait to see it.
Oh I can take critique, I get them all the time in the dog papers when I win with my breed dogs,

or did you mean criticism? C-R-I-T-I-C-I-S-M. that I can take as well,
but today when people thought...to question/c-r-i-t-i-c-i-z-e the way you handled a young dog that your have for "in your words" to reabilitate you had a big hissy fit,

r-e-h-a-b-i-l-i-t-a-t-e-d
so it would seem you dont take c-r-i-t-c-i-s-m very well.

I also must add, you lack any level of professionalism, the way you talk about the owners of the dogs is deplorable

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...87#post1718087

thanks for wishing me good luck with finding a rescue,

good luck with flying the flag for your rescue, Dorset Animal Workers Group {DAWG} They are so lucky to have you.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Local vets have adverts sometimes for dogs that need to be re-homed. Also, I know some people have got doggies from the Cinnamon Trust. You could try them! They are great!
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2009, 10:00 PM
kcjack

Im not too sure what your grind is?
Everytime i come on here you seem to be having an argument with someone or having a go at someone?

I also work in rescue - id like to let everyone know that your manner does give us all a bad name, and that you are an anomaly, as most of us are polite.

Unfortunately, mud sticks, and if you don't remember it is the general public that keeps rescues going and provides homes, which means endeavouring to employ some good public relations skills, then you are risking the welfare of the animals we care for.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

25-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I did post an intrest in one dog, but I dont think they re-home so far away,.

Oh I can take critique, I get them all the time in the dog papers when I win with my breed dogs,

or did you mean criticism? C-R-I-T-I-C-I-S-M. that I can take as well,
but today when people thought...to question/c-r-i-t-i-c-i-z-e the way you handled a young dog that your have for "in your words" to reabilitate you had a big hissy fit,

r-e-h-a-b-i-l-i-t-a-t-e-d
so it would seem you dont take c-r-i-t-c-i-s-m very well.

I also must add, you lack any level of professionalism, the way you talk about the owners of the dogs is deplorable

thanks for wishing me good luck with finding a rescue,

good luck with flying the flag for your rescue, They are so lucky to have you.
Shona I couldnt give a flying fig about your beef with KC or anyone else on here but do you have to start on a rescue that has dogs needing homes which you could well jeopodise (and yes you can laugh at my spellings as well) because of this silly little fued you BOTH have?

KC does not represent the rescue on here so to bring the rescue into this is wrong and very very unfair on the dogs in their care.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:34 PM
I dont see where I have started on a rescue

Kc has asked me on another thread to disclose my involment with rescue, asked for specific details, which I was happy to give,

I didnt know that there would be any problem with talking frankly on both sides about what rescues we help.

I assume kc, does a sterling job for the rescue she works with so cant see where I am harming dogs who need homes
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >