View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2016, 11:57 PM
Looking forward to being taken out for a £1 slap up meal! lol ! The omeprazole would probably be the nicest thing about it!
Those batch things would probably be called a crusty cob up here, although there is a leaning towards muffins and teacakes in our neck of the woods. Crusty cobs - would I think - be looked on as vaguely continental at best and foreign at worst. There is a vague unease about anything non-traditional on the East Lancs Moors, we're probably 30 or so years behind the times! lol !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-03-2016, 11:58 PM
They're crustry cobs here Griff
Happy Birthday Lynnn, glad you had a nice day out and got treated by Beth.
Norma,very sorry to hear about Mr Fritz and hoping the vet is able to get him back on track, poor lad, he's been through the mill alright hasn't he.
Griff, I agree as long as your nose doesn't collapse, everythings fine
Had some time out tonight, just had a right old few days and its nice not to have a headache with someone else's stress. Cesar's mums been on and that's been it, I've watched telly and just relaxed.
Bone run not wonderful, got a few dinosaur bones, but not many of the smaller bones I had out after walks, only got enough for 2 days, so I'll have to buy chicken drumsticks. Going for shavings tomorrow, and I'll get a sack of carrots whilst I'm there, and pick one with big ones in and they can have a raw carrot odd days
LOL at Billy No Mates going out of stock
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Yeah LG, in Blackburn, barmcakes are teacakes to me a teacake has fruit in it
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2016, 12:21 AM
Down in the mighty metropolis of Oldham muffins are occasionaly referred to as barm cakes as well. The teacakes are either plain or fruited - oddly the fruited ones although they contain mixed dry fruit have a tendency to be called currant teacakes. Oh the joy of diversity!
Enough bakery chit chat for me - I'm off to bed - see you all tomorrow.
Sweet dreams. G.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2016, 12:47 AM
Night night LG
TW, I am pleased you have had abit of time to yourself
We have teacakes here,they are with fruit and I rather like them, we also have another teacake...it is a biscuit with marshmallow and jam on top coated in chocolate
I have a fear of my nose going as it is the one thing I wouldn't be able to hide..unless I wear a balaclava lol, they can rebuild it but you have to wait while the GPA goe back into remission... I haven't achieved full remission in nearly 4years of treatment so it is unlikely my nose would ever get fixed and I would spend the rest of my days looking like pepa pig Lol
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4