View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ellard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I am a week into a delivery from Honeys Real Foods (used to be Darlings) good quality (compared to what I used to get from Landywoods) but expensive. Going to use Raw To Go for next delivery for comparison on quality and cost!

Nick would be handy to know who andwhere your friend is as would be local to me too
kim645
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I use DAF and they deliver once a month and don't have any problems with them.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ellard View Post
Nick would be handy to know who andwhere your friend is as would be local to me too
It's Chic. He gets his stuff from DAF.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I stopped using DAF as I felt their quality wasn't as good.

Raw Dogs Dinner (formerly Raw Dog Feeders) were excellent to start with but the last couple of orders I've had the dogs were turning their nose up at lot of the stuff.

Am just about to order with Raw to Go so will see what they are like.
alys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Natural Instinct, excellent quality,great service and good animal welfare. Cheap means another animal has suffered in order to keep prices down.
Alys
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Crichton View Post
I stopped using DAF as I felt their quality wasn't as good.
<snip> Am just about to order with Raw to Go so will see what they are like.
There's been posts on the past that suggest Rawtogo source their meat from DAF so I'm not sure if it will be much of an improvement

Originally Posted by alys View Post
Natural Instinct, excellent quality,great service and good animal welfare. Cheap means another animal has suffered in order to keep prices down.
Alys
True, but not really affordable for me with the amount mine eat. I would be happier feeding them better quality meat (though they do get the off top-brand supermarket stuff if it's reduced, and stuff from a local butcher) but the way I see it, if I was feeding a dry food then the foods in my price range aren't made using freerange/organic meat anyway, so at least I'm cutting out all the fillers etc.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2012, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=krlyr;2515660]There's been posts on the past that suggest Rawtogo source their meat from DAF so I'm not sure if it will be much of an improvement

Having had my first delivery, the quality of the food is far superior to anything DAF have ever delivered.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2012, 10:32 PM
After reading a thread on another forum, I won't be ordering from DAF again... I think suppliers can be more hassle than they are worth...

I will be trying to get more meats from the butchers, and I compared prices of DAF chicken to Asda.

Chicken carcasses from DAF are £7.20 for 5kg. So that is £1.44/kg. Chicken quarters from Asda are £1.78/kg. Chicken wings from DAF are £9.40 for 5kg so £1.88/kg. Asda chicken wings are £1.69/kg.

The quarters cost slightly more, but at least they will be eaten and the wings cost less... and they will definitely get eaten.

I fed Jake Asda stuff before I got a chest freezer, and he never once refused it. A lot of DAF food gets wasted, because Jake want's nothing to do with it.

I can sometimes get chicken bits from the butcher for next to nothing, so I will get that when I can from them but at least I know I can get it from Asda at that price. I will be trying to get the other stuff from the butcher too... and just get tripe blocks from PAH...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2012, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=Crichton;2529961]
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
There's been posts on the past that suggest Rawtogo source their meat from DAF so I'm not sure if it will be much of an improvement

Having had my first delivery, the quality of the food is far superior to anything DAF have ever delivered.
Odd.... Because I'm 99.9% that they are simply stockists for DAF
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I've had 2 deliveries from Prize Choice I have had no problem with the deliveries free delivery in their own vans if the order is over £60. The dogs love it I'm in South Lanarkshire but they seem to deliver all over on different days.
Shirls x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3