Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:05 AM

And then there were six....

Things are very strange around here, we seem to be rattling around in all the space, and I'm sure the dogs know that something is up as they keep looking at me with a puzzled expression.

Yesterday my darling Giddy went to his new home, the people have 3 10 year old bitches and a 9 year old dog, (all neutered), and they came to have a look at my oldies with a view to taking one.

They were lovely people, got on the dog cushion with all the dogs, had snuggly hugs, came back out covered in slobber, butI could tell they didn't mind one bit. They bought their old dog with them to see how he coped with the gang and to make sure he got on with whoever they picked.

Well, they fell in love with Giddy, who wouldn't, he is such a darling,but I was suprised as they were coming for an oldie. It touched my heart when the lady started crying about one she had lost many years ago, it started me off again. I already knew they were the right people to take one of my babies but her tears just confirmed it.

I'm crying again as I write this but I don't feel any remorse, just a feeling of loss. They've insisted I go and visit in a few weeks time, just so I can see where he is and how he is doing, I'm not sure I will be able to but I think I will do it just so I can put closure on the whole thing. Here is the email I received from her last night, I think he is going to be alright there, and that makes me feel better about giving him up.

Just a quick note to let you know how Giddy is getting on. The girls were very pleased to meet him. They have all run around the garden like a pack of puppies. Giddy had some of his own dinner and quite a bit of Fleur And Daisy’s! Dinner time ended up being a bit of a free for all with everyone eating someone else’s. But they all seemed happy enough.

As I write he is laying on the bed behind me in our guest room with Daisy & Humphrey. Very comfy indeed. We will go out for a little walk tonight but probably not until 10.00.

Giddy has met our cats (closely supervised) and I think the cats will adjust to him being here very quickly.

He is a lovely lovely boy and he is getting loads of cuddles.

Remy is now spoken for and I have someone interested in Tyler. That only leaves my beloved Leon now and he is the one that needs a special home. Once they are all sorted out I shall take Fabey and Ebby over to Jills where they will be lodging until I'm ready for them, and I can start my new life with Clive...I hope all this heartache is going to be worth it and that Fabey and Ebby enjoy their new life with us.

To those that have been so kind to offer foster homes I apologise for not updating you, the Remy and Tyler thing happened late last night so I haven't had a chance, but I will pm you later. xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Oh Hun thats great news so pleased it is working out for you and what great people to email with update. I love to hear from people makes you feel better even thou its hard. so pleased for you hun
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:37 AM
He sounds like he has found alovely home. I know your heart must be breaking but how lovely to know he will be ok.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Oh Sheree had tears there - your Giddy is a darling so can see why they would pick him - a very special boy indeed.

Seems it is all coming together but going to be heartbreaking for you - am just sorry I couldn't help.

Big setter slobbery kisses from my gang - oh and Angus and Connor say woowoowooowooo.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 07:53 AM
*hugs* to you. x
I cannot begin to imagine the emotion you are going through.
I'm glad that Giddy has found a good home that you are happy with. x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:00 AM
I am in tears just reading this, so god knows what you must be feeling hun... as I told you think you're very brave Sounds though Giddy got a brilliant home and after all a younger dog in the home makes the oldies feel young again!! My boys send their auntie Sheree (((BIG HUGS))) and kisses....

Claire xx
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Oh Sheree, I to have tears running down my face just reading this I just can't imagine how you must be feeling!

How lovely of Giddy's new family to email you last night Sending a big hug to you! xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Sheree, thinking of you x
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Glad to hear your baby's settling in nicely and you're happy with his new home.

Heidi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2008, 09:39 AM
So pleased to hear Giddy has gone to such a nice home ( not that you would of had it any other way).
I am pleased Remy has his new home sorted, and that Tyler has hopefully too. I haven't seen Natalie as I hoped over the weekend so I will pop round to hers tonight to update her on the Remy and Tyler situation and see if there is any progress with the Leon situation for you.
Will let you know tonight about the update.
I can imagine the sadness you must be feeling so heres some (((Hugs))). xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >