Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 12:22 PM

Bladder control

I have noticed with little Archie that his bladder seems to hold a bit longer every night... I can't wait until I can have my 7/8 hours uninterrupted sleep again! At the moment he can sleep 5ish hours on a good night, but them after that he wakes up every hour! grr. 12pm-5am, then 6am, then 7:30 wakes up demanding breakfast lol.

Anyway, I was wondering how long everyone's dogs took before they could hold it for a reasonable amount of time. The reason I ask is because I was prepared for a couple of months no sleep but Archie's bladder capacity has gone from 3 hours to 5 hours in ONE WEEK! . And that's without restricting water at all! Is this normal or is Archie amazing?! you all know what the right answer to the last question is
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Both of mine were pretty good actually and I only ever had to get up once in the early days - BUT pups are like babies and each is different so its important not to compare with others and feel that you are doing something wrong when youre not

What time does Archie go to bed and when is he last put outside etc?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Lel:

Archie will actually fall asleep downstairs at around 8 (he has his dinner at 7:30). I take his crate up to my room at about 11 or 12, and he has his last pee at that time too He will then sleep peacefully until around 5 on a good day, but a couple of times he has woken me up an hour after being put to sleep .

After 5am though, he will starts getting restless, I discovered that this is in fact due to the fact that he needs to poo at that time, so on his 5am outing I wait long enough to let him poo. I did that this morning, and he slept until 7:30 without problems, this morning it was me who woke him up and not the other way round
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 01:11 PM
i am afraid to say i never got up to max in the night he slept from 12-7 every night from day 1 and never messed in his crate. i am hoping i will be as lucky with my second pup
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 01:33 PM
indie was a nightmare when she was a pup. tho we had her from 5 weeks, so we had a few weeks of her wakin up every 2 hrs!!! in the middle of the night u cud hear me and bf arguing about whos turn it was to take her out! lmao. She did get better at about 10 weeks and would sleep most of the night, but had an annoying habit of wakin up at 5 am, but i found if i ignored her she jus wentback to sleep til 7 now she doesnt bother me to get up in the morning
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Teagan always slept through the night!
She woke up between 8 and 9am!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh... am I the only fool who wakes up at 5am to take a dog for a wee?!

I was under the impression that the little puppy bladders couldn't hold for so long.

Ah well, I don't mind too much anyway... I knew what I was gtting into before I decided to get Archie (I just how his bladder grows quick!)
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Star also used to sleep all night. She was a very lazy pup from day one.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Ours never really needed to go out during the night, but, as we go to bed fairly early I insisted that Mr SB ( )took them out around 3.00am just in case. They would refuse to get up so he would have to pick them up and carry them out. Of course, totally limp dogs weigh three times as much as usual Poor chap. Laying there snug in bed I felt really sorry for him lumping a pup out at that hour - particularly if it was a cold night or raining. I tried to convince him that they would need carrying out until they were at least six months old, but he did not fall for that - he spat the dummy after 4 months
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Luna slept a good 6 hours from day one.... That would be at 5 or 6 am, so no you are not the only one getting up that early

Well and these days I get up at 5 am anyway, but that's cos I'm up for work
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >