Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
hahaha you should have seen me at Crufts there were hunners of them legging it, lmao

There's not many rot or weim owners round here that's why I suffer this infliction, lol, not my fault i luff em, I joined a rott forum last week and i've scared them all already hahaa
wouldnt catch me on a rott forum, there horrid mean places full of fecking middle aged women who think the rule,

much like every other breed on the go I guess lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
wouldnt catch me on a rott forum, there horrid mean places full of fecking middle aged women who think the rule,

much like every other breed on the go I guess lol
Noway it's great compared to some breed forums, I was shunned from the weim one as I wasn't upperclass enough and didn't own a rifle or fancy hat. Not many scots on it though, I suppose as you have to pay £2 to get in maybe that's why, hahahaa *hides*
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Becky I'm the same as you, suspicious of everyone, considering most refuse to believe they arent Huskies !!!

I tell people they are quite common, but you don't see them because people dont seem to take them out, there are lots in rescues as they are a challenge (all which is not a lie). If they still seem interested I direct them toward Mal rescue or the club.

As for Rotts I never see them, only at our local shows where the Collar/Lead stall owner takes his along, so I bug him all day
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
sometimes a gut feeling is bang on,
Totally agree with this, Becky. Follow your gut instincts.
x0x
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Just recently Kieran (12) took Inca out for a short walk, just down the street, he was approached by some guy, who asked him if he would like to mate Inca to his dog!!!!! I'll give Kieran 10/10 he promptly said 'wouldn't do you much good she's been spayed' and with that the guy walked away, so from now on I just tell any of our children (ages 12, 15, 17 & 19) to tell people they've been spayed. But like you Becky when people start asking about 'are they spayed' 'are they worth much' alarm bells start ringing!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Rely on your gut instinct luv......I do, next time you see him avoid.....that would be me. I get asked alot about mine, !st Reah........because people seem to think 'I don't know she's limping' (in fact an old lady once hit me with her brolly...before asking me) second is Skye....everyone asks if she is a worker, why not, where u get her from, how old and so on.
And Bruce....well people call him, just because he's a pup. But I know what you mean I sometimes get abit protective if they invade to much
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Simple answer is to say they are worth nothing because they aren't showable & that they are all neutered rescues.

I often get asked by pet cavalier bitch owners to use one of my dogs, but I tell them the above.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 06:50 AM
One just can't say, he may have thought he was being frendly and asking you questions in a gentelmanly way, we are always told we should be more interested in others and not rabbit on about outselves.

On the other hand he could have the breeding of a 'poo or a Poo' in mind.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Rely on your gut instinct luv......I do, next time you see him avoid.....that would be me. I get asked alot about mine, !st Reah........because people seem to think 'I don't know she's limping' (in fact an old lady once hit me with her brolly...before asking me) second is Skye....everyone asks if she is a worker, why not, where u get her from, how old and so on.
And Bruce....well people call him, just because he's a pup. But I know what you mean I sometimes get abit protective if they invade to much
I did try and avoid him but he just came straight towards me, his poor dog not a happy bunny, my lot just wanted their ball!
I may take them somewhere else tonight for ball practice!
I only see him in the evening so I can check out the window if he's in the field!
Becky
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 07:25 AM
I get loads and loads of people around here stopping me when I have Asta out and about .Most of them pay her loads of compliments and are very surprised she's so friendly .I've never been asked how much she's worth though ,like you I'd be suspicious too .I'd have him running quick style by asking questions like are you married,
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >