Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 06:01 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread;Sunday

Happy Sunday all! Hope all are well... TW old saying; it will never get better if you pick it Wet here and set to be wetter. A while ago an Irish farmer stopped in his ute by my tall, stared a while then started talking.. and talking... and talking. He had a lovely collie int eh cab and only stopped yakking a minute when I praised it.. it was before my collie left and when I said how old she was he offered me a "replacement" as he put it as he had two spare collie puppies.. then he told me re a big Fair at kilgarvan and said he would make sure I was invited..AND he asked if i needed any help here with eg the garden and when I said YES he said he was getting a strimmer and would do that for me... The Agricultural Show i today and BOY are they going to get wet and of course no strimmer.. The day an Irishman arrives when he promises I will die of shock, but HEY then mean well!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Morning.

Speaking of Irish arrivals - the sun is shining and it's Wolfhound day.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Morning.

Speaking of Irish arrivals - the sun is shining and it's Wolfhound day.
Might be shining where you are but not here! Oh the latest stink in Killarney is a row over the smell of horse pee by the jarvey stand..Reminds me I emailed the national park boss asking why one of the wolfhounds at the Trad Farms is wearing a shock collar.. he was on leave but gets back Tuesday..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Morning rose and Phil and all who follow.

Bet everyone is bouncing in your house. Then there will be more bouncing when the new arrival arrives home. Good luck and most of all enjoy.

Staying at home today doing some Dillon grooming so he is all smart for the vet tomorrow. We have quite a few jobs to be getting on with and felt we need to be with Dillon all day as he is more than likely going to be away most of tomorrow he will be going under GA.
Trying to keep my mind off having to leave him for the day and worrying about the results.

It was sunny now it has disappeared have washing to do so hope it brightens up and stays that way plus Gorden wants to get the grass cut.

Hoping all those feeling poorly are feeling brighter today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 06:34 AM
Good morning Rose and Phill and all who follow on. I am feeling much better this morning still got some aches across the shoulders but getting there slowly.

Nippy Jen, apparently there are lots of flying ants around so it is possible it was one of them. Either way not nice hope your leg and foot are ok now.

Well Amber's had her breakfast and now wants her walk. Glad you got your Dillonmobile Lynn, well done sounds good.

Be nice Rose if that chap comes back and does some strimming for you.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning Rose and Phill and all who follow on. I am feeling much better this morning still got some aches across the shoulders but getting there slowly.

Nippy Jen, apparently there are lots of flying ants around so it is possible it was one of them. Either way not nice hope your leg and foot are ok now.

Well Amber's had her breakfast and now wants her walk. Glad you got your Dillonmobile Lynn, well done sounds good.

Be nice Rose if that chap comes back and does some strimming for you.

Have a good day all, God bless.
Good morning Moyra and glad all is well with you. No way will I see that man again! This is how they are here. My first autumn and winter in Ireland, the world and his wife promised me firewood.. would have needed t build a barn for it1 All I got was a load of beech logs I paid for.. what do they say re the road to hell! Heavy rain has starred here so very very glad to be safe home. Did all my early outdoor work before it started.My bed is littered with birdie bits of knitting to be stuffed, sewn up, eyes and beaks added..One finished...wish I could find a good film on youtube but nothing catches my imagination
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Just used the petrol hedge trimmer on a bush outside our lounge widow. The cuttings filled a wheelie bin. I did not realise how weak I am, I was absolutely exhausted after 10 minutes work with it. Lack of "ordinary" food as I am still on fat feed everything at the moment I think is the problem, lost all muscle strength. I hate it
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Just used the petrol hedge trimmer on a bush outside our lounge widow. The cuttings filled a wheelie bin. I did not realise how weak I am, I was absolutely exhausted after 10 minutes work with it. Lack of "ordinary" food as I am still on fat feed everything at the moment I think is the problem, lost all muscle strength. I hate it
I know but it will come back little by little. One of the major constant problems with M.E which I have is muscle weakness. Some days worse than others. I used to get very upset and frustrated... cant even do the floor stuff YOU know! SLowly I learned to adapt, to do things I could do even when it was bad. We are adaptable. tumbleweed. That is our strength. Don't push it too much or you will set yourself back weeks. Today even walking outside was too much for me so I stopped and am working at other things.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Can't do much until I have my operation, then I shall be able to start eating "proper" meals
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Can't do much until I have my operation, then I shall be able to start eating "proper" meals
Grand SO! You will get there!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »