Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 08:33 PM

Baby horse photos :)

Well, things are going pretty well Yesterday, for the first time, she was led on the rope like a "big girl" I was absolutely beaming from ear to ear, as she caught on so quickly. She had two little objections, and then that was the end of it.
She does not like my walking stick, so I've been tottering around the place and completely terrified of losing my balance, but we're getting there, and hopefully she'll start to accept that some people have three legs!

Some photos from today. I was trying to get a nice shot of us standing together, but she decided the camera was frightening, and tried to hide behind me!

"Does my bum look big in this winter coat?"

Cheeky girl!

It's soooooooooo boring being so gorgeous!

Posing!

And my lovely boy, so he doesn't feel left out!

He likes to just make sure that buckets are definitely empty... because there might be food in them... possibly... perhaps!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Aw she's lovely, how old is she? you will have to do a growing up thread so we can watch her as she grows. how big is she gonna be?
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 09:03 PM
She's just gone eight months old
She's expected to make around 15.2hh (although I have my fingers crossed for nearer the 16hh mark! I might be pushing my luck a bit, though!).

I might start a growing up thread in the next month or two, when I have a few more shots for comparison. I've got some pictures from about three weeks ago, and already she's grown about three inches!
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I bet! will be lovely to see what she grows into!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 04:52 PM
OH she's gorgeous! Is this the one you were going to look at recently then, and you put up a piccy of her? I never got to see the end of that thread for some strange reason, so I'm pleased you got her. What breeding is she, she looks like a New Forest, is your boy a New Forest too? She's lovely anyways! I will be following that new thread of her growing up and wish you lots of luck, she looks like a cheeky little monkey to me! How old is she now then. Hope you have lots of fun with her
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
She's a Warmblood x Thoroughbred (although I think she's part woolly mammoth at the moment!) She's only just eight months old, and is expected to make 15.2hh. I measured her at the weekend, and she's standing at 13.1hh, which is almost three inches on when she arrived three weeks ago.

My lad is a full Thoroughbred and is going to be eleven this year I still think of him as the mad seven year old he was when I got him! When I was a pony-mad child, I used to imagine having interesting "head-turning" coloured horses, like a palomino or buckskin... and ended up with two bays!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow 3 months, you're brave!!!! I did 3 years old with an ID/Tb and I was also very brave - at that time!!! He was 16h2" although capable of growing to 17" when required! I will watch with interest, she's lovely. 11 is a nice age too for your other lad, they get quite sensible at that age don't they! Have fun anyways!