Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kimw30
New Member!
Female 

08-12-2012, 12:56 AM

Dog was spayed and has a knot near her incision

My dog Prissy was spayed in september and I just noticed that she has a knot near her incision, you can see and feel it. I was wondering if anyone else has a dog that been spayed and if this is normal or if I need to take her to the vet.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Hello, how lovely.......another from the US.

When you say that Prissy has a knot near the scar, do you mean that the skin is a little lumpy, or that there is something beneath the skin?

I would say that if it is not tender, and merely on the skin with movement independant of the tissue beneath, then it is absolutely nothing to worry about, although when next at the Vet you could get it checked out to be on the safe side.

If it is a lump beneath the skin, then perhaps the vet should have a quick look. Has it only just appeared?
DexNjj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
that happened to my dog and she was fine. If you are worried about it why not ring the vet and ask?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Hello Kim It isn't that long since the operation and depending on how an incision is stitches there is sometimes a raised area a bit like a thin bit of rope and scar tissue that lessens in time.

If the area is clean/not weeping/pale pink not red in colour it should be ok but if you are at all concerned contact your vet for advice. :-)