View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 06:16 PM
There is a liquid one can buy to put on rabbits to stop them being attacked by maggots and flies .. wonder if it would work on a dog - I would ask the vet.

This is potentially very very serious - I would not give her time outside for too long when flies can pester and I would clip the effected areas to facilitate keeping clean and checking.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

12-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Agree with the others, you must get a vet to check her in case the maggots have done any damage to her. Tell him you`d like a home visit after explaining everything.

For the first time ever here the flies started bothering my dogs, just a few wks ago. They had a terrible time with them, first it was just 1 of the girls, then another 1 & so it went They only attacked the ears, biting them I tried a few things to repel them, didn`t work so I tried Auotan insect repellant for people & that worked, so might be worth a go trying that. Mind I did find once the flies couldn`t get to their ears they started going for their eyes so I gave up & had to keep them in for most of the day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Agree with everyone else on this Rafflemoose,hope you find something to help your dog.Must be heart wrenching for you and uncomfortable for your poor dog.
Re:Christines post they use the headbands on horses with fringes,to help keep flies out of their eyes need a smaller version for dogs. Is there a marketing opportunity there.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Just to add that if she hasn't seen a vet since the incontinence started, it's important that you get her in. This could be a sign of something more serious, and the only way to know is to get it checked out.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2