View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2006, 03:03 PM

Trimming around the eyes - whats the best way?

I have a small pair of scissors that i use to trim Sadie around her eyes but she goes absolutely berserk as soon as i hold her and try to trim it.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart
I have a small pair of scissors that i use to trim Sadie around her eyes but she goes absolutely berserk as soon as i hold her and try to trim it.
Yes its scary when they do this isn't it Stewart - Benjis not so bad because he is used to going to the groomers so he stays quite still now when I am trimming round 'delicate' bits Do you use the round blunt ended scissors?
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes its scary when they do this isn't it Stewart - Benjis not so bad because he is used to going to the groomers so he stays quite still now when I am trimming round 'delicate' bits Do you use the round blunt ended scissors?
no at the moment i just use a small normal pair
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Hi Stewart, are you talking about Sadies eyebrows and down her nose?

Some ideas You need a decent pair of sharp hair scissors for this. Stand her on a table 'on' something so her feet don't slip.( I use a rubber car mat from Halfords about £3)

Be confident and tell Sadie in a bright voice that she is good girl and give her a tiny morsel of something she loves . Put another bit of the morsel where Sadie can see it, she can focus on this and have it when you have finished.

To trim the eyebrows stand in front of Sadie and put your thumb over the eye being trimmed laying the eyebrow hair across your thumb, now cut from the nose to the outer edge of the eye. Repeat with the other eye.

To do the bit down the middle of the nose, part the hair and using your thumb and for finger hold it down over each eye while you cut a channel between the eyes with the tip of the scissors pointing towards the end of the nose now you have two lovely eyebrows give sadie the rest of her treat and be sure to tell her she is a good girl .

I hope this make sense
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank you for the advice Mini