Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Thanks Inca, I'm finding this very interesting, as I had never even heard of this condition before this thread. Is it prevailant in Cavaliers then, or are other dogs affected by it?? I see what you mean about the breeding problems too, it would seem this may get worse then in this particular breed. How awful. The only answer then would be to scan any prospective stud dogs maybe, if they allowed it, and if you could afford it?
The reduced cost MRI scan is £200 & even if the dog doesn't have the herniation through the malformation & doesn't have any sphinx it doesn't mean that this will not happen

Only dogs without the malformation should be being used & no Cavalier should really be bred from without being scanned. Sadly dogs like Loukar's brother are being used unscanned despite having a father that had SHM, a brother that has SHM & a mother who is a carrier & the new puppy owners are not being told about this
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
have to agree a friend of mine has just used a stud with effected dogs close behind and wasn't told she even gave her bitches pedigree to the stud owner who looked it over and said it was ok ..she has doubled up now with effected dogs .....so hitting your head against a brick wall i can understand that

the other mating i told you about JD isn't quite as bad at least nothing doubled there
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Hope Daisy is feeling better Positive thoughts for her
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
Hope Daisy is feeling better Positive thoughts for her
Thanks Joedee. She definately has improved since the weekend, but we are still getting the odd squeak, it seems when lifting her head to take a treat, or if she suddenly gets up after sleeping, but will see what happens at the end of the week when she has finished her pills.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Happy she is better on the tabs Kate x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:33 PM
sending cavalier kisses xxx
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone, just been talking to Borderdawn and she said it took three weeks to heal completely, so just got to be patient. Would like the weather to cool down a bit for her to make her a little more comfortable.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Glad to hear she's relatively better then Katie, fingers x'd by the end of the medication she will be back to her usual self, I am really hoping for you
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2006, 04:59 PM
How's Daisy ? I do hope she is feeling a lot better
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Daisy is much improved, she actually wants to play ball now, but I am very nervous of her over doing it and tend to stop her from over exerting herself. She still squeaks first thing in the morning when she wakes up and then seems to be fine the rest of the day with and odd little squeak in the evening, so she is not quite back to normal, but I am carefully monitoring her as she finishes her rymadyl today and then we will see how she gets on.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >