View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2006, 10:53 AM

It shows how much the world we live in has changed..

.......When a quiet cul-de-sac on the edge of the suburbs of Coventry now has an iron fence all the way around, When this once place of soilutde and sanctury has now become a place where cats are beaten to death and the elderly are fearful to leave their homes
It really shows the times we live in when you cant even let your cats out anymore as a neighbours was blugeoned to death recently!
And elderly lady dropped her purse not too far up the way..she went back and found it..emptied of the contents!
Jesus society today is so screwed
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 10:55 AM
sad isn't it
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 10:57 AM
It is very sad totally agree Minky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Have to agree very sad.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 11:07 AM
It's true,me and my nan were talking about the same thing this morning on the phone.
It's a sad world we live in.
Sal
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't think that the world is getting a worse place to be honest because other era's have always had problems too...How about if you were a bit to smart as a woman you were burned at the steak as being a witch....Or if you crossed the bridge into London when you wasn't supposed to your head would become part of fittings and fixtures of the bridge to warn other people off! Jack the ripper...etc etc...

There has always been brutal murders, rapeists, you name it.

What does seem to be on the increase is many younger people not having an ounce of respect for the areas they live in or for the people they share it with. Neighbourhoods most likely were the one thing that was different a few decades ago I'll agree on that, they way some adolescents are allowed to almost terrorise other people where they live is disgusting.

In the 'nanny state' that we live in now, kids are untouchable...You can't tell other peoples kids off without fear of it being you in the wrong, Kids / teenagers now a days know they can get away with everything and they take full advantage of that and parents are not doing a good enough job at teaching them to respect the world they live in.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I should also add, it's not just kids with a lack of respect they grow into adults with no respect either and many adults are complete imbociles (sp?) too...I would say if anything in the world is getting worse it is respect for one another...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous
I should also add, it's not just kids with a lack of respect they grow into adults with no respect either and many adults are complete imbociles (sp?) too...I would say if anything in the world is getting worse it is respect for one another...
That is so true
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by myschievous
I don't think that the world is getting a worse place to be honest because other era's have always had problems too...How about if you were a bit to smart as a woman you were burned at the steak as being a witch....Or if you crossed the bridge into London when you wasn't supposed to your head would become part of fittings and fixtures of the bridge to warn other people off! Jack the ripper...etc etc...

There has always been brutal murders, rapeists, you name it.

What does seem to be on the increase is many younger people not having an ounce of respect for the areas they live in or for the people they share it with. Neighbourhoods most likely were the one thing that was different a few decades ago I'll agree on that, they way some adolescents are allowed to almost terrorise other people where they live is disgusting.

In the 'nanny state' that we live in now, kids are untouchable...You can't tell other peoples kids off without fear of it being you in the wrong, Kids / teenagers now a days know they can get away with everything and they take full advantage of that and parents are not doing a good enough job at teaching them to respect the world they live in.
Totally agree. The world has always been brutal. The difference is the lack of respect these days.

Long gone are the days of keeping up appearances, being poilte and helpful and loving your environment (even if that is just your road!)
AxlAndChaos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2006, 12:07 PM
The world sucks big style! Hooray for animals and being a hermit (still dreaming of the farm in middle of nowhere with just me and hundreds of 4 legged friends)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >