View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Actually come to think of it I would not even go in their shop..... wouldn't want to support a business like that in any way
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
They sell difficult breeds to unsuitable people with no support what so ever and you have no where to turn for help as you will not know who the breeder is and even if you did they are unlikely to know much about the rearing of dogs or even care.
Hannah, the Pup I had, being a good example.
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:42 PM
looked at the website... apart from the several different spellings of weimaraner.... they seem to give no info on the breeds... i know for a fact that a weimaraner is such a hard breed, which needs so much time and dedication so many of them are sold on at 6 months etc when theyve chewed their owners houses up etc!! not so cute when theyre not blue eyed little darlings anymore!!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Loustaff
looked at the website... apart from the several different spellings of weimaraner.... they seem to give no info on the breeds... i know for a fact that a weimaraner is such a hard breed, which needs so much time and dedication so many of them are sold on at 6 months etc when theyve chewed their owners houses up etc!! not so cute when theyre not blue eyed little darlings anymore!!
Not to mention German Sheperds and Dalmatians
Loustaff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2005, 01:49 PM
oh yes definately... was just giving an example with weimaraners as thats the breed i know..
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I seem to recall years ago reading about those Mayfield Kennels in Dogs Today magazine and how awful the conditions of the kennels and the dogs were

Personally, I wouldn't board my dog there and certainly would never buy from a puppy farm. I hate establishments like them and wouldn't want to support them finacially in any way whatsoever.

They should be shut down - I don't understand why puppy farms are allowed to exist in the first place - and 'Dog Lovers Registration' should be banned too, it misleads naive buyers into thinking that they are "registered" dogs.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 03:17 PM
There are a few people who have said they bought a dog from them, wonder if they would be prepared to say why as it can't be the price as in most cases they cost more than one from the best possible breeder with the best of pedigrees and superb health back ground, so why did you buy from such a dubious place. Were you conned? Did you know what breed you wanted before you bought and had you researched that breed?

I am not criticising you as you obviously bought thinking the pup was healthy and good value and I am sure you would not have bought from such a place had you known the truth, however if we know why you bought we may have an idea how to stop this appalling trade. My own breed pays for a advert in the E&M every week telling people that they should only buy from the owner of the dam, perhaps there would be a better way, so please, let us know why you bought from a pet supermarket.
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 03:21 PM
sounds like a terrible place poor dogs! how can people be so callous
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 05:12 PM
I think these kind of places manage to flourish due to many first time dog owners just not knowing any different People need to be educated about buying a healthy, happy puppy by tested parents from reputable breeders. Unfortunately these "supermarkets" allow anyone to part with their cash (usually lots of it) with no questions asked, you can buy immediately with no waiting time and take the pup home there and then - which appeals to lots of people, who just don't know any better. I would never even set foot in such a place, never mind buy a dog, or anything else, from there.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I live in an area where we see many many Dogs R US pups/dogs.Most are extremely poor examples ,many with poor temperaments.Many of the owners seem to have little or any dog knowledge at all....most think their dog is KC reg.A lady I work with brought a border collie from there and was told she was cheaper becasue she wasn't registered since border collies are working dogs and cannot be registered.
I went to a local exemption show last summer where a man approached me with an elkhound.It was probably the worst example of an elkie I have ever seen...having a curly coat,being undersized with poor bone and an untypical head.In fact to me it looked more like a cross breed.In fact it was so bad an example that he asked me what breed my boys were since they looked nothing like his dog!
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »