View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi Willow shes 6 months on the 8/8. Think I may give her some rice tonight.

Hannah - Think the towel thing has been working she is calming down a bit now.

Fox, no she hasn't thrown up again. She seems to have perked up since OH got home, she now eaten her dinner and laying on the lounge floor. Guess she just really missed him?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Hi Willow shes 6 months on the 8/8. Think I may give her some rice tonight.

Hannah - Think the towel thing has been working she is calming down a bit now.

Fox, no she hasn't thrown up again. She seems to have perked up since OH got home, she now eaten her dinner and laying on the lounge floor. Guess she just really missed him?
Ooh she sounds like she is going to be fine, dogs have their off days just like we do
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi Dobiegirl what did the vet say?
Pacing and restlessness can be an indication of pain as can vomiting ..
I would feed Roxy small meals of rice and fish/chicken until things calm down ..

Regarding water, it should never be restricted however when a dog is vomiting they should not be allowed to gulp down large amounts it will only come back up..instead put a small amount of water down and keep replenishing it.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
I would feed Roxy small meals of rice and fish/chicken until things calm down ..

Regarding water, it should never be restricted however when a dog is vomiting they should not be allowed to gulp down large amounts it will only come back up..instead put a small amount of water down and keep replenishing it.
Great advice Mini. Didn't know that. Hope Roxy's back to normal soon
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha

Hi Mini, well vet was about to prescribe antibiotics, but her boss said it was normal but not to get her spayed. As if we get her spayed before first season it will keep coming back.

But have been told to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't change colour?

I'm hoping if it clears up before she is 6 months I can still get her spayed though, otherwise she cant go and visit my sisters for 3 months (she has 2 intact dogs).

Think I'll keep her meals small like you suggest and maybe take her down to the lakes tonight to cool off a bit? (but obviously not over excersising her)
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Aww...Poor Roxy, i hope she's feeling better soon x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Is she in her first season, just finnished or just started. Anyway think if she is vomiting frequently you should take her back to the vet and get them to check she does not have a womb infection.

Just re-read and it seems she has not had a season yet, would not be happy with a wait and see policy would want a swab taken and wide acting AB's until they get a result back. A young bitch is not in pain and vomiting with a discharge if everything is well, insist on a proper diagnoses.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2