Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:22 AM

What kind of brush for puppy fur?

Hi all, just me again lol

Ok, so Sasi is getting extremely fluffy on her back legs & bum. It needs to be brushed , she needs to learn that grooming is fun too.

I have alot of brushes here already from Ruby & my princess, but I feel they would be too harsh for Sasi.

Anyone have any tips or ideas on what would be best for her?

Thanks, Bev
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I am a comb person myself.

Using a bog standard one and a rake. They should not be too harsh as long as you do not exert too much pressure.

Now is the time to be teaching her to stand still and enjoy it, not to worry too much about getting hair/tangles out (she should not have too many yet!).
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I am a comb person myself.

Using a bog standard one and a rake. They should not be too harsh as long as you do not exert too much pressure.

Now is the time to be teaching her to stand still and enjoy it, not to worry too much about getting hair/tangles out (she should not have too many yet!).
Thanks Tassle, heres a quick piccie of what I mean. Its sometimes so hard to explain in writing This is Sasi asleep at my feet just now.

No, she has no tangles, just fluff that needs to be brushed out to get rid of the muck she accumulates more than anything
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Thanks Tassle, heres a quick piccie of what I mean. Its sometimes so hard to explain in writing This is Sasi asleep at my feet just now.

No, she has no tangles, just fluff that needs to be brushed out to get rid of the muck she accumulates more than anything
I doubt you will be able to brush it out at the moment - but you should be able to brush through it.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I doubt you will be able to brush it out at the moment - but you should be able to brush through it.
Thanks Tassle, I'll give it a go now shes run her self into the ground with Ruby in the garden lol